Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Google Chrome

Post Google Chrome

So has anyone else been using Google Chrome besides me? What do you think about it so far?

If you have no idea what I'm talking about go here:
    http://www.google.com/chrome/intl/en/features.html

So far, it works very well. There are just a couple bugs I've discovered so far, but they are very minor. It does seem to be living up to all of its promises thus far.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yup...I started using it off and on couple days ago...I like it, but its missing some things...like the ability to use your middle mouse button click to free scroll around on a page or image.

Also, I don't know how to get to your specified homepage or the built in homepage.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

You have to tell it that you have a homepage and then you specify what it is. It is under options from the "hammer button".

I'm hoping that since it is Beta, they'll get a lot of those little differences hashed out quickly. I think a lot of FireFox users are already sending in reports about the differences so that is a good thing.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I think I'll wait for an official "release version"
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Google has enough of their junk on my pc without me deliberately adding more. Firefox is starting to bug me so it might be worth a look.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

I am using Firefox 3 and quite happy with it. Still got some bugs, e.g uploading a file to this site gives me white text on white background at the file selection window but heh, I am used to the fox
    My Map Challenge Entries

I use GIMP for all my maps.

GIMP scripts and plug-ins overview

Everything I post on this site uses the Creative Common Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike license. Only exception to this are any pyhton scripts which use the GPL.

If you are using any of my posted stuff just use your rep stick on me

Should you be interested in using anything I posted on commercial purpose drop me a pm.

I might check it out eventually. I'm rather attached to my Firefox browser though. It would take a lot to get me to switch (adding add-ons would be a start).
    Cheers,
    Tim

Paratime Design Cartography

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected JoeyD473's Avatar

I downloaded it, but havn't actually used it yet. Same with IE8

So far from what I'm seeing, Chrome is extremely similar to FireFox. So similar that I'm wondering just how much of it may be straight from the FireFox build. It would make sense since Google is very involved with Mozilla and funds the project. I think with the first release version I'll be a full convert, but I need to see all the things I love about FF get added into it first.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast