Thread: T'amorach

Map T'amorach

Hello all;

My name is Kerry Forrestal and my fellow author and I have written our first book for which we need a world map. We are posting on a few of the art bidding sites, but thought looking here would be useful as well.

We need a world map for which we have rough sketches and are looking for both art work and some guidance in assembling the geometry of the world. Work is "For Hire" basis.

To proceed, we would have you read the first chapter(Or more if you like) to get the flavor of the world. It's a cross between nautical with clippers ships of old and a Science Fiction world recovering from a distant cataclysm. We'll detail more for responses.

If you are interested send an email to ICTOOS at Yahoo.com

Thanks again

Kerry

Guild Journeyer

Hello Kerry,

Maybe you could have a look at the following link and give some more details about your project so you can get some attention from the cartographers hanging around...

Here is the link: http://www.cartographersguild.com/ma...e-read-me.html

Thanks
    Last edited by Depassage; 11-11-2014 at 05:33 AM. Reason: edit link

Per request- here is a brief primer on what we're looking at-

Chapters of the book are available on request to help with the "Style and feel" of the piece.

As far as the map, we're looking for a pen and ink nautical style. Our novel takes place in a world several hundred years after a catclysmic event(always post apocalypse isn't it)

Briefly:

Our world has settled into domed sanctuaries between which is a pervasive myst that is highly caustic and very flammable. Trade between the "zones" (Domes) is conducted primarily via mystclipper ships that float above the myst on foils(Wing like structures) The ships are a combination of sail and power(Think back to the late 19th/early 20th like Shackleton's Endurance

A typical clipper could cover between 200-400 miles per day and our distances should reflect several days sailing between closer zones and several weeks between deliberately isolate ones like the Lokaryn.

Our main ship is the Mystclipper Shicaine

The zones are:

Original Zones:

Kwyne (Religious)

Chumlies (Military)

Thorpes (Corporate zone-tech)

McCallisters (Corporate zone- Biologics)

Ravensfords (Technology averse)

And newer Zones

Thieves Zone (Every world needs a back alley right?)

Merchants Zone (And mercantile exchange)

Rossum's (Sentient Androids)

Lokaryn (Short hand- Vampyres)

The map is is not "bordered" so much as limited by the extent of exploration possible because of the energy requirements to keep ships above the myst (Hence the sails to help with propulsion)

We have a discarded Proloque(Attached) that goes into more description of the world. It was way too "Info Dump" so was discarded, it does serve as a good orientation to the world however. (I would NOT however read it first- they style is raw and could be off putting)

The main features of the world are a central "Sluice" that divides the known area. On the West are the older zones, the newer ones progressed eastward. (Not married to that progresison)

So to the East and West the myst simply goes on. To the North we envision a very large mountain range, to the south, maybe mountain, perhaps myst.

That is a VERY rudimentary introduction into the world-

Has this request been taken?