Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: September Entry: Khuutath

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Wip September Entry: Khuutath

Not sure if we can enter more than one, but after seeing RedStar's arctic map it got me a'thinnin' (I know dangerous, but what can you do ). So here is the Dune/Arrakis-like world of Khuutath (well a small part of it anyway). Who knows if I end-up liking this one better I may swap out my existing entry.

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Khuutath-WIP.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	3.18 MB 
ID:	6341  
    Last edited by Steel General; 09-05-2008 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Swapped contest entries
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

needs some canyons

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hmmm....we've never considered the possibility of multiple entries...I'll pose the discussion in CL forum.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Post I considered that last month...

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    Hmmm....we've never considered the possibility of multiple entries...I'll pose the discussion in CL forum.
    Even though it was right at the end, I almost considered entering the Planetary Colony tiles for a second entry in last month's challenge. I mention somewhere that I'm sure its not allowed. But the thought of a second entry first came to mind, then.

Just my 2 cents!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Ah man your texture work is so good as always! Maybe the "swamps" could be lakes of quick stand?

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So far we're leaning to a big no-no on the multiple entries...So SG you may want to pick one as your official entry and we'll move the other one to another forum so you can continue with it if wanted. They're both good entries. And I like this one a lot Not that I'm trying to sway your decision or anything.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Oh, that's beautiful. I can just imagine the sandworms in the sea of sand.

Quote Originally Posted by Redstar View Post
    Ah man your texture work is so good as always! Maybe the "swamps" could be lakes of quick stand?
    Agree with RedStar here. IIRC, Frank Herbert had areas of Arrakis (sinkholes) where people would disappear in to the sandy depths without a trace. Fine on the surface, but enough loose sand that you'd sink and drown.
    Google Groups for FGII Games:
    European FG2 RPG - Fridays & Sundays (8pm UK time)
    Using Ultimate FGII and can accept unlicensed player connections on some of the games

i love the releif in those mountains, but whats with the 'forests'? they kinda look like smog, or giant sandstorms.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord View Post
    i love the releif in those mountains, but whats with the 'forests'? they kinda look like smog, or giant sandstorms.
    Desert shrubs, I would think.
    Google Groups for FGII Games:
    European FG2 RPG - Fridays & Sundays (8pm UK time)
    Using Ultimate FGII and can accept unlicensed player connections on some of the games

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Thanks for the comments guys...the trees are supposed to be shrubs, etc. like Valarian suggested. They probably still need a little bit of work, or I may swap the texture out if I can find one I like better.

The "swamps" are supposed to be desert depressions (I think they're called wadi's?)

Not to thrilled with the city icons at the moment, I may substitute a ruined tower or something in place of what I have now.

@Arcana - No problem about the multiple entries, that's why I posted it the way I did. So please go ahead and move my original entry out the regional map WIP area (or wherever is appropriate) and update this thread as my entry. I've taken more of a liking to this one...especially since it's a bit different than the norm.
    Last edited by Steel General; 09-05-2008 at 02:18 PM.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast