Thread: Continent-Scale Factions Map for Multi-Group D&D Campaign

Default [Closed] Continent-Scale Factions Map for Multi-Group D&D Campaign

Background:
    This is not a request for a specific commission, per se, rather than seeing what the approximate response would be to a commission. I work at a gaming store that runs an after school RPG program for students, ages 9-12, and would like to create a common setting for the multiple campaigns that we run, to allow inter-group play and give DMs the freedom to run someone else's campaign with knowledge of the setting.

Payment:
    You would have to talk this over with my boss, as I am not sure what the budget is for the project. It is most likely small (again, we're an independent hobby shop), but I'm not positive.

Subject :
    The map should be of a single, large continent, with varied terrain, multiple cities, and a few minor, outlying islands. It would have to be able to support multiple, parallel D&D campaigns, with a separate faction system involved. Most likely, we would project it onto a large whiteboard that we would draw faction borders on, or just edit a copy of the original file directly.

Style:
    The exact style is up to you, but it should be relatively detailed information-wise and simple readability-wise. The target users are the children that would be playing the D&D campaigns, some of which would also be running the faction system. Therefore, realism is not a major factor, nor is physical detail. Rather, we are most concerned with the children's ability to quickly and easily inform themselves of the current state of the factions before settling down to play.

Quality & Size:
    The map would have to be vector, as it will be projected, either full-size or zoomed in, on a wall. Resolution should be high, but I'm not sure what an appropriate value would be. If vector is not possible/realistic for a project of this nature, a set of smaller detail maps for regions and possible major cities is a possible alternative.

Time Constraints:
    Time is not a major issue, as the campaign probably won't start until later this year/early next year, but the sooner the better.

Copyright:
    My boss would to be able to print "atlases" for the map, but would probably keep them in the store, rather than giving copies to the players. We would be making profit off of the map, in that we charge for the RPG program it would be used for. You must be 100% okay with us using your map for profit, and (in all likelihood) not giving you any payment other than the aforementioned initial payment.

Contact Information:
    You can PM me on the forum, or contact the store here, at the store's site.
    Last edited by jkat718; 11-29-2014 at 01:03 AM.