Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WIP - Sorantyr

Guild Apprentice

Now because of that, you can never have ranges in T because either the contact between the plates is N/S and then you have a N/S range or the contact is E/W and then you have a E/W range. But not both.
    For example on the Earth you could not have a mountain range going from the Rockies which are N/S oriented towards East.
    Thanks for the lesson Deadshade I get it now, and thanks for the encouragement from all!

Guild Apprentice

Another update. Got around to fleshing out the areas a bit more and labeling them. Still debating adding roads and I want to fill the middle some as it feels a bit empty or perhaps the rest is a bit full? All in all I feel like its getting close to being done but Im always looking for opinions on things I can do to make it a better map.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sorantyr.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	69755

Guild Artisan

I find the mountains too dark and too big (given the scale) but otherwise it looks OK.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

I feel just the opposite - I really like the dominance of the mountains. The colors and textures also look really great.

Some questions/comments/critiques:

1. What are the floating rock things?
    2. I would dial back the white glow around the text quite a bit.
    3. In a couple of places, most notably Lake Tanner, the text looks too big, and it looks clunky to obscure the named feature with the name.
    4. Great looking border.
    5. Ugly looking compass thingy - compared with the beauty and great layout of the rest of the map, it's got to go.

Overall, excellent map. Have some rep from me!

Guild Apprentice

Thanks again for all the input. As to your questions/comments/critiques..

1. Was an accident that I left them out like that in the last upload. Its been addressed in the newest image upload.
    2. Do you feel its a bit easier on the eyes now?
    3. Tried to shrink down some map lettering in certain areas and move text around. Let me know what you think.
    4. I cant take credit for the border. Grabbed it from Deviant Art done by Grymhorn. I plan on crediting everyone in regards to brushes, elements etc upon completion.
    5. Compass moved and changed.

Another pass at the map. So go at it folks I really do appreciate it as I feel it helps me and creates a better map in the end.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sorantyr.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	70044

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12