Thread: Contract Map Making for Low-Fantasy D&D World building

Default Contract Map Making for Low-Fantasy D&D World building

Hello Guild!

I'm a moderator for a Dungeons and Dragons Twitch streamer and I'm doing some preliminary outreach to the Cartography community to see if I can help my guy improve his stream.

What is requested:
    Be able to make a fantasy style City/Town/Hamlet map based on a crude MS Paint sketch and a Google Docs Word Document describing the city.

Style of the map isn't overly important, but I'd like it to look professional or on the high end of semi-professional. These maps will not be used for gridded combat, just maps so the players/viewers have a good idea what the city they're currently playing in looks like.

Payment: We are willing to pay for any work done, but please keep in mind the Streamer currently works entirely on tips from his followers. Payment can be made through Pay Pal, and the exact dollar amount can be discussed based on the quality of work and size of the City map drawn. I'm expecting something in the range of $20-$50 per map.

Because this is a map created for a large, homemade world based on major effort by the streamer, we would want full permissions and copyright of the map created (though the original artist would always be credited for the work.)

Please inquire within the thread, and I'll answer any questions I'm able to.

Thanks!
    - Brian
    "TSgtSeuss"
    Last edited by TSgtSeuss; 11-15-2014 at 12:58 PM.

I'm interested. I like making these sort of maps. Here are some of my maps, I can do other styles as well. Contact me on jon.pintar(at)hotmail(dot)com

Ferrol, Coruña, Spain, Earth, Solar System

I might be interested in the job. Please contact me at info(at)versakestudio(dot)com. I will answer with work samples.

Professional Artist SteffenBrand's Avatar

I'm probably interested, too. Feel free to contact me if you are looking for a style like this at steffenbrand(ät)gmx(döt)de. You'll find some examples here. =)

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

City maps are always complex in its detailed nature; thus a Map that looks professional or on the high end of semi-professional, is unlikely to be payable in that range of money. If you expect real semi/professional maps a pricerange several tim,e the amount of your suggestion would be more realistic.

Has this add been taken?