Thread: WIP - World of Tellusia

Guild Journeyer

Default WIP - World of Tellusia

Hi everyone, I haven't posted in a while but I thought I'd return. This thread is (hopefully) going to be a series of maps from the world of Tellusia, beginning with something of a proof of concept here.
    This was a quick map, only an hour or two, establishing the general look, feel and style of the map. It is set in an era which you may find slightly reminiscent of the Renaissance era if the Roman Empire had not fallen (only in this case, it's been renamed Tellusia).
    The names are in Tellusian, which is based on French grammar (with the addition of cases) and a slight touch of Greek phonology.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Test 2.png 
Views:	122 
Size:	4.07 MB 
ID:	69129

Feedback is very welcome, as it will help define what the rest of the series will look like.

Great and very stylish map! The line work, symbols and the colouration give it a very painterly look, that fits the heavy structure of the background perfectly. All you could change in these regards, in my view, would be to add a little more variation to the settlement icons.

But the thing that I think rather destroys the wonderful antique character of this map is the typography. To keep the flair, you might try a font like Chancery Cursive or one of the IM Fell Types.