Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nov / Dec 2014 Lite Challenge: World Atlas for Home Campaign

Guild Artisan

Great map .
    You did this only with Photoshop + graphic tablet or did you use something else on top ?

Quote Originally Posted by Deadshade View Post
    Great map .
    You did this only with Photoshop + graphic tablet or did you use something else on top ?
    Yes, just Photoshop. I used emboss and and a few different brushes for the terrain, then painted the colors on top.

Guild Apprentice

I love both of your maps for different reasons. But, I have to admit, I'm a sucker for an atlas-styled map... those mountains are amazing.

The only minor thing for me... It looks like you have the country names, but without the borders shown, the country/regional names seem a little confusing. The Rockspan, for example, is perfect... because I assume it's a name for the mountains it's covering. But then I get confused with the Noxos label... is it a country or is it a non-political geographical type of region like a plain or wasteland? (I assume it's a country because I have seen your previous map, but if I didn't have that reference, I might not know 100%).

Anyway, fantastic work! I really hope to see more of these styled maps from you!
    Last edited by daemaree; 12-10-2014 at 09:26 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12