View Poll Results: ***October November 2014 Challenge voting : Commission a Guilder***

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Hunt by - Max -

20 52.63%
  • The Evil Eagle's Aerie by Azelor

0 0%
  • The Jester's Eyrie by Bogie

4 10.53%
  • Lingon's request by Chasio

6 15.79%
  • The Seething Harrow by Diamond

0 0%
  • Unnamed (yet) by Djekspek

1 2.63%
  • Kingdom of Värda by Domino44

8 21.05%
  • The Northern Lands by eViLe_eAgLe

1 2.63%
  • Bogie's Redthorn by jaxilon

12 31.58%
  • Wisptown by Larb

6 15.79%
  • Chasio's request by Lingon

6 15.79%
  • Starfall by Sapiento

19 50.00%
  • The Mountain city of Kashir by Tainotim

19 50.00%
  • Larb's commission by TheHoarseWhisperer

7 18.42%
  • Valles Marineris by Xpian

4 10.53%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ***October November 2014 Challenge voting : Commission a Guilder***

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Default ***October November 2014 Challenge voting : Commission a Guilder***

Hey everyone,

The 2 months regular challenge is now closed and it's time to vote ! The challenge was to commission a guilder by making teams :

1. Make a team with another guild member
    2. Once the team is done, each member of the team have to write a very short briefing (a paragraph of 10 lines or so) and give it to your partner. This briefing must describe the map (and its elements and constraints) you would like your partner to do for you. Whatever you want as a map, its elements should be clearly mentioned in the briefing (colored map, black and white, style, level of details, specifics etc.)
    3. When each member of the team gets the briefing, each one have to make a map according to it.

This challenge was exceptionnally set up for 2 months per request of a lot of entrants. I'm pretty glad that it has attracted the interest of many members and looking at the entries, even the unfinished ones, it's clear that all of us had a lot of fun doing it ! Now it's time to click on the voting button !

The Wonderful Gallery !

Remember that despite the fact it was a teaming challenge, the votes should go individually. Please vote for as many as you'd like and don't forget to rep the contestants. Voting will last for FIVE DAYS, and the winner will get the glorious gold compass !

Also, fellow contestants, don't forget to give your "clients" their "commissioned maps" !

Good luck!!!

Guild Adept Facebook Connected xpian's Avatar
    Golden Gate Park Panhandle, San Francisco

OK. I can go to bed now.
    _*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

Open to cartographic commissions. Contact me: christian [at] stiehl.net
    christianstiehl.com

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Go take some well deserved rest !

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

Lots of interesting maps this time I voted for Chashio's map, because even though it's unfinished it's just so extremely beautiful and perfectly captures the feeling I wanted from the map when I commissioned her, and Tainotim's, because that city is epic and more than makes up for the slightly gemstone-esque mountain

Oh man, every map here is worth voting for. I eliminated a lot of entries to get my choices down to four that I would have otherwise loved to vote for. I decided to forgoe those maps not finished, then based my votes on purely arbitrary reason of those maps that appeal to me most at this time. Max's because, well, look at it, also I love journey type maps and especially the marine aspect of this journey. Redthorn by Jaxilon because it gave me inspiration and ideas on how to solve some things on one of my own maps. Kashir by Tainotim because it is exquisite, well on its way to becoming worthy of a cartographers choice I think. And finally THW's ship because that just hits all the right notes for me, it is something you can just let you imagination run wild in.

Banned User

It is impossible to choose the "best" from among so many excellent and diverse maps. Some are amazing because of their beauty, some because of the amount of sheer work, and some because of the attention to detail. Some are clean and precise looking, some are the messy look of natural settings, and some are pure impressionistic.

So, I just voted for all the ones I liked, which I admit was most of them. This is an extremely talented group of artists!

Tainotim's map is a thing of beauty, and had to get my vote. Max's map is also extremely inventive and had to get a vote as well. Congrats to all of the participants!
    "Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government."

My Albums - My Portfolio

An epic challenge this one, with great maps and a difficult choice among them.
    I chose to vote for only one, Sapiento’s Starfall. This H.R. Giger – Moebius inspired piece of retro-scifi art is too appealing to my sci - fi grotesque side that it obliterated my fairness of judgement and drained every vote on it. Also a masterful colour palette choice. I’ m delighted.
    The other finished entries: Max cannot produce maps below the masterpiece level, and that’s annoying . Tanoitim’s city, I’m spending hours deciding in which house I would live and that says a lot about how much I loved it. Domino44 is showing continuous skills improvement in her super fine (her best to date I think) map; it also holds great forests in a style I’m struggling to cope to.
    I loved every other entries too; Bogie’s expertise in details and textures, larbs simple yet elegant style, xpian futuristic experiment and Jaxilon lovely painted isle are only a confirmation of their talent.
    Also among the unfinished ones you can see some gems, with special mention of Chasio’s landscape and the Hoarsewhisperer’s starship, which are maybe my favourite.
    Congratulations to everyone!

There really wasn't anything in this one that wasn't great.

I wanted to mention Xpian's entry though because initially I didn't know what was going on with that and wasn't sure where it was going. But it became this really interesting map with a distinct otherworldy martian feel and lots of detail. I really liked it.

So I just spent all of my rep power for today so for remaining maps that I have not given rep to yet I will do so tomorrow...

This challenge was a lot of fun to be a part of! The maps that were made throughout these last two months are amazingly beautiful. There were a lot of maps I wanted to vote for. I ended up voting for Larbs lovely city map, I cannot get enough of his town/city style map. I also voted for Jaxilon's map which was gorgeous, the mapping elements were really nice and the color choices I thought were spot on. Sapiento's map got one of my votes because of the great job that was done with out of the box thinking. The color was awesome! I really liked the style, and I was in love with that creepy, amazing border. THW's ship was really cool. I loved the style and I thought the ship was awesome.

And last but not least I voted for Tainotim's lovely city map. In a word it was stunning! I am so happy with out it turned out! The layout is beautiful, I love the detail on this map. There was a lot of work that went into it and it shows! Thanks for being so awesome Tainotim!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast