Thread: GSS Gersemi

Default WIP: GSS Gersemi

Hi all,

This thread is for the continuation of my Oct/Nov 2014 challenge: commission a guilder.

I was commissioned by Larb to:
    "A map of a derelict ship that has crashed.
    • Climate can be whatever you wish but should be earth-like.
    • Style can also be whatever you wish although I was thinking a side-view would be best for this with maybe expanded plan-views on the map for important rooms or areas.
    • Ship has crashed in a shallow lake so the lower levels would be flooded. Alternatively it could be deep in the ocean and only parts of it are flooded. Up to you!
    • The ship is fairly large but is a civilian or industrial ship rather than a military one. It is mostly intact.
    • The overall look of the vessel would ideally be a sort of chunky used-industrial-near-future affair rather than all shiny and clinical. So more Alien rather than Star Wars/Trek. Cyberpunky elements are also fine if so inclined!
    • It would have been carrying an important but dangerous cargo when it came down.
    • Whatever mechanical automatons are onboard may still be active and slightly dangerous."

My map will show the factory ship GSS Gersemi (more info is available in the earlier thread). The images below show the final layout of the ship (approximately) and the current progress.

Comments and critiques are welcome.

THW
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Larb commission 006.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	360.7 KB 
ID:	69262   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Larb Commisson 011.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	3.00 MB 
ID:	69263  
    Last edited by Wingshaw; 11-24-2014 at 09:25 PM.

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer

Wow, seeing again the whole ship, this is gonna be a huge and great map! I'm glad you keep working on it