Thread: Tips on commissioning maps

Question Tips on commissioning maps

Having not role-played since the early 90s, I am in the process of setting up a D&D 5th ed. campaign with a group of old friends.

I have a concept for the world I want it to take place in and have been playing with CC3 and FT3, but don't have the time and expertise to create the maps I would like to have for this new campaign.

Could someone give me an idea of reasonable price ranges for two maps:

1) one "world" or "known world" map

2) one more detailed map of the main land mass and kingdoms where most of the action will take place.

I think the ideal approach would be to pay to use someones existing map(s) with some optimizations.

I image the process would be:

(1) a telephone call or exchange of e-mail to flesh out the kind of world I'm interested in
    (2) a number of watermarked, low-res sample images of maps sent, from which I would choose one to have some modifications made
    (3) one or two iterations for minor change requests (e.g. name changes, political boundary changes)

It would also be nice if I could have a file that I can edit in CC3 myself.

I have no problem with the final work being resold. I just want something nice and functional for my campaign.

Banned User

Hi mnblockhead,

It would help if you gave contact information. If you post an email address, people could send you samples and give you some quotes for what you want. If you would like to email me at yodercm at earthlink dot net, I can try to answer your questions and I can show you a map that might fit your needs.

Sorry, I'm new to this forum. Didn't realize there wasn't a private message function.

Anyone interested, please e-mail me at: pwedsivsiar@dunflimblag.mailexpire.com

Banned User

There is a private message function, but you cannot use it until you have made five different posts.

I see. Well, this makes four. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by chick View Post
    There is a private message function, but you cannot use it until you have made five different posts.

Has this request been taken?