Thread: The Lands of Legend (Dragon Warriors RPG)

Guild Novice Facebook Connected
    Frankston North, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Map The Lands of Legend (Dragon Warriors RPG)

I'm fairly new here, and just thought I'd share a map I did for my favourite roleplaying game, Dragon Warriors. This depicts the 'known world' of the typical campaign in the Lands of Legend (Legend is the name of the world).

It was done in Campaign Cartographer 3.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lands of Legend31.gif 
Views:	239 
Size:	3.53 MB 
ID:	69289

Comments welcome - this map is done (a large printed version hangs on the wall of my games room) but I will be doing others and I welcome any advice as to how to improve my maps in the future especially.

Banned User

This is a very nice map, especially for CC3. If you want some constructive comments for your next one, I would suggest the following:

1. More contrast.
    a. Lighter water and darker land, or darker water and lighter land.
    b. Colors or surrounding shading on names that make the names easier to read against the background. And try not to spread a name across two different backgrounds (like Molasaria or Emirate).
    c. Use more color or saturation difference between various shades of the same color (green land areas for example)
    2. Your scale could be more readable, just redesign it so the numbers are not on top of the lines.

I'll look forward to your next map. If you post it in WIP as you go, you can get more comments that way