Thread: Kingdom of Obregon - WHF

Default Kingdom of Obregon - WHF

Hi brothers!

Here is my first attempt of a regional map for Warhammer. Please, don't be shy with any constructive critique and feedback.

Done in Photoshop with mouse.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Diamanterra.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	1.64 MB 
ID:	69300

Thanks

PD: I would like to improve my drawing skills with mountains (isometric or top-view), maybe you know some exercises or tutorials that could help me.
    Last edited by Meriba; 11-27-2014 at 02:45 AM.

Guild Adept Facebook Connected xpian's Avatar
    Golden Gate Park Panhandle, San Francisco

Tutorials for drawing mountains:

Our guild member @Torstan has many tutorials up at his site, including this one: http://www.fantasticmaps.com/2012/03...awn-mountains/

Another guild member @Djekspek has several wonderful mountain tutorials posted, which I made use of: http://djekspek.deviantart.com/galle...9381/Tutorials
    _*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

Open to cartographic commissions. Contact me: christian [at] stiehl.net
    christianstiehl.com

Great start. I especially like the underwater ridges near the coast. The scales at the top could use to be brighter or placed on top of a key as to be more visible. A border adds a lot to almost any map as well. There is something I don't like about the placement of the title but as I'm not especially skilled with label placement myself I couldn't say exactly what it is.

Banned User

Well, your first mistake is "brothers". Not all cartographers or artists are men

Thank you all for your comments.

@xpian - That's an invitation to choose an isometric approach? Wonderful ^_^

@madowchef - I appreciate the enthusiasm and I'll consider your points very seriously. However, I don't like borders in that kind of maps and I don't know why

@chick - Sorry sister, that's only a generic salutation. My fault. Any comment about the map itself?