Thread: Need some maps to kick off my campaign

Default Need some maps to kick off my campaign

This request has been taken. Thanks all!

Hi All!

I'm looking for (at the moment) a map that I can use as visual aids for a campaign I have starting sometime next year. I've been toying with the idea of using a fantasy map, and I think, for the health of the game it's the best option to use. The game will be a low fantasy, eldritch horror oriented game.

Map 1: World Map

For this, I'd like to main landmasses. They don't have to be whole continents, but the general groupings should be in two distinct sets. For example: http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...ad.php?t=24595

Only one landmass is populated, while the other is "undiscovered" country. Lorewise, there was a great cataclysm/exodus (raining down from the sky) from the abandoned continent that happened many generations before the game is taking place. So, the populated landmass should be heavily populated, but be able to be split amongst a few Factions. While the "unpopulated" landmass should show signs of destruction and desolation. Ruins of former cities/towns, and cultists/occultic camps devoted to Eldritch beings and old gods. Ideally, the destruction originates in the northern areas of the continent, with a barren wasteland or potentially a swamp surrounding the point of destruction (Land of the Fallen Stars). Also, along the coasts should be port cities, mostly all abandoned. The only exception will be one on the southern ends of the continent called Providence, this is where my players will begin their adventure.

Between the two continents should lie something that has prevented the population of the world to easily return to the old world. Stormy seas, or sea monsters.

A large amount of detail isn't exactly necessary, but I'm hoping it helps you visualize what I'm trying to help my players experience. I'd also, at some point like to take this to a print shop and get it printed up for my players. Either on handouts, or on a poster if the quality is there.

Price: I'm open to a fair price, and was hoping to get an idea of what more experienced folks would pay for something like this. I certainly don't want to insult anyone's work by implying it isn't worth monetary compensation.

Style: If you could make it look like an aged map, that would help immensly but is not required. I'm fond of this style, but the amount of color is a bit much for my needs. http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...ad.php?t=26802

Thanks, and I look forward to hearing from you all soon!
    Last edited by ekochai; 12-05-2014 at 12:09 PM. Reason: Taken

Banned User

Hi ekochai, you need to post your email address, so people can contact you.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Cirias's Avatar

Hi ekochai,

I would be interested in helping you with this one. As you have less than 5 posts, I can't get in touch via PM on these forums. If you want to discuss the project in more detail, please email me at: cirias@live.co.uk

You can check out my past work at the following link: http://curiouscartography.wordpress.com Or check out my deviantArt in my signature.

Look forward to hearing from you!

Hi there, sorry! ba.ekochai at gmail is my email address. I'll send you an email later tonight when I get home from work Cirias

I've sent you an email - although it looks like Cirias has already beat me to it

Sorry there was a delay in my responding to everyone. I got a lot more responses than I thought I would. I'm sending out emails to everyone now! I'm going to mark this as taken because I've got a handful of good offers, and I'm sure I'll be taking one of them.