Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: September Entry: Rhawa

Wip

Alright, second version done! I redid the marshes for this one: found a satellite picture of a flood and used that as a base for the texture. I think it's improved from the previous version but I'd appreciate feedback. I also darkened the forests so that they should be more distinct from the rest of the terrain.

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rhawa.png 
Views:	137 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	6448  

Great map, Ghostman! Very professional looking!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Don't take this in a negative way but it reminds me of one of those old Magic: The Gathering playing cards. I thought the art pretty much rocked on those so I think this looks pretty good too.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Great stylization going on here. I think your non-mapping stuff could use a little tightening up though. There seems to be a large amount of empty space in your title area especially since your borders on the map itself are so tight. The overall composition seems a bit un-balanced. The map is killer though.
    Something witty and pithy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12