• A New "Fabiana" by fabio p

11 64.71%
  • World Atlas for Home Campaign by JonPin

8 47.06%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: November / December Lite Challenge: Redo an Old Map - VOTING

Post November / December Lite Challenge: Redo an Old Map - VOTING

This month's Lite Challenge was to redo an old map, either one of your own or a published map you downloaded.

We had 2 entries this month, please check them out at the Thumbnail Collector: CLICK HERE FOR THUMBS
    Chick withdrew her entry as she didn't feel she had completed enough of it.

Voting will go for three days (ending on the 16th - Just before 2 am Early Tuesday East Coast Time).
    The winner wins a silver compass, the admiration of his or her peers, and a genuine, authentic Huzzah!

Since there are only 2 entries, you can decide if you want to vote for one or both of them, and please don't forget to rep those you feel are worthy.
    Last edited by Bogie; 12-20-2014 at 09:54 PM.

Both great maps, and a very hard choice. In the end, I went with Fabiana because of those 'places of interest,' the national flags, and the town icons.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    The winner wins a silver compass, the admiration of his or her peers, and a genuine, authentic Huzzah!
    I offer my admiration and Huzzah to you both!

Sorry you didn't make it, chick. Next time, eh?

THW

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer

Can i ask why chick's map was excluded from the vote? There are 3 threads in the forum and i think her last map looks quite good (not sure if she declared it as "finished" but still...).
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Oh...she didn't mark it as a Latest WIP.

On a happier note: the colours and textures used in the three maps were quite impressive. JonPin's clean and realistic land texture looked fabulous, and the slight cardboard-like water edges of fabio's map I found pretty neat. Chick's map was definitely an improvement, which is wonderful considering she's only been here a few months.

Dayum. I need to make a map and stop yakking

Rep for everyone?

Banned User

Thank you guys for liking my map, but I never found the time to finish it, so I removed the Latest WIP thingys deliberately. I didn't want to have people voting for me when the others did a great job of finishing theirs. I'll be back for the next time, and maybe one of these days I'll even get that map looking right

Blog Entries

Both of these maps looked really good!

Fabio P:
    -Really liked the color choices on this map. This gave the map a good, mellow, feel and kept everything legible.
    -Also nice job on the rivers. There were one or two rivers that stopped about 1/2 a millimeter from the shore, but that's just me looking for something to nag about.
    -Also liked the city and monument icons.

JonPin:
    -Enjoyed your style of names : )
    -The mountains look nice. Your shading here looks really convincing.
    -Also a really unique and interesting coastline-shape. Kudos.

My only legitimate criticisms are that there could have been more things going on in each, and that the borders were a little disappointing.
    -foremost
    The best maps are the ones we like the most after looking at the longest.

I voted for both. Both show a big improvement over the ones they are based on and I think both maps look good. They are also both in two very different styles so I find it too difficult to say which is best.

Quote Originally Posted by Eilathen View Post
    Can i ask why chick's map was excluded from the vote? There are 3 threads in the forum and i think her last map looks quite good (not sure if she declared it as "finished" but still...).
    It was her decision. I also thought her map is very good, but it was her request not to be included.

Well it's been a difficult choice but, I'm voting for ... aemm ... ta da! Jon Pin's map.
    Ok, I'm joking, I voted for JonPin's map not only because it's the only other map available to vote but because it's a great map, done in a style I'm not able to reproduce yet (jealousy!), it's neat, legible and also beatiful.
    It's a pity Chick chose not to compete at last, her map was coming along nicely, but I know there will be other opportunities to compete with her and that in any case we will see over her new Galaurien Map.
    Thanks for any vote, rep and criticism!

I can make a tutorial about this style. It's really not that hard to do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast