Thread: Checking in

Guild Applicant

Default Checking in

Hello people,

I am Bas. I'm a jack of all trades with a penchant for creating things.
    I am currently working on a cryptocurrency based MMO project called Lyth which gives me the opportunity to rekindle my love of making worlds and stories.
    I have a background in theatre, been a DM, and am also a writer. Apart from that, I work as a sales person in a European wholesaler of meditation and yoga gear.

Hope to learn loads from you and am happy to have found this forum. See you around.

Banned User

Hello Bas, welcome to the Guild

Guild Applicant

Thanks very much.
    Been trawling through the myriad threads already.
    Always nice to see there is loads and loads to learn!

Do you mean an MMO that uses cryptocurrency for payment, or one that uses cryptocurrency as a major story element? Either one is pretty cool.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Guild Applicant

The game uses the cryptocurrency platform Nxt: www.lythmmo.com.

So there will be an in-game currency that can be traded outside the game. The game itself will make use of blockchain technology for storing persistent data and making it possible for people to run their own servers.
    It will also use the "coloured coin" concept for using the blockchain for in-game asset trade.

The game will be as complete a sandbox as we can make it, so it will probably (based on how these things tend to evolve) result in "pockets of civilisation in a sea of anarchy". The "rules" of the game are in essence economic. All action must flow from the basic tenet that the player must find a useful place in the world to survive. What that is depends on his own creativity.

We just came out of prototype stage and are now building towards alpha. So for me that means starting to build at least part of the game world for play testing.

Sounds interesting. Is there going to be a way for players to subscribe with fiat currency, or is your player base going to have to be drawn exclusively from NXT/BTC users?
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Guild Applicant

The game will be Free-to-Play, so no need to subscribe.
    The whole concept is based on generating value withín the game.

So it won't be possible to come from the outside and "buy to win". All value will be created by actions within the game itself, for instance by building, harvesting, researching etc.

As developers, we are taking a step back in allowing a lot to the players. In this aspect it's probably comparable to the universe as you encounter it in Eve Online.