Thread: New Game Designer Here

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Default New Game Designer Here

Hello! My name is Jake and I run a solo studio called Spriteborne. I work from home with a laser to make the games and art that I want to see in the world. I'm scrappy and, up to this point, I've done just about everything myself from design to production to shipping.

I was referred here because I'm currently working on a board game called Yomi's Gate, which is entirely made with my laser via laser-cut and laser-etched acrylic. The boards are modular uber-hexes, kind of like big pinwheels, and they're tiled with various terrain to give you a new board each time you play.

I started with blank spaces, using green circle stickers for forests and yellow stickers for mountains. That's fine and well for a prototype, but I've been testing the game for quite a while and it's time to move towards production art. I worked on some basic forests and mountains for the last few days and I came to a result that's passable, but passable isn't really what I'm going for in the long run. I want a map that looks good and I was told that this was the place to go for that.

My hope here is to either learn how to make that happen myself or to get connected with someone interested in the project.

Having a laser and always being on the lookout for collaborators, I would also be happy to work with folks interested in lasering their map work onto new stuff.

Anyway, that's me and that's my introduction. I left out any direct links in case there are any rules about URL spam, so please feel free to search the words above if you're interested in my stuff. Thanks for having me here and I look forward to my experiences with the Cartographers' Guild.

Banned User

Hello, Jake, welcome to the Guild!