Thread: Looking for a world map for my Dungeon World campaign

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Post Looking for a world map for my Dungeon World campaign

This is my first time requesting anything (as most can probably see by my join date) I'm really a bad artist, and I'm never satisfied even with reference material I make so I'll do my best to give any potential cartographer interested my best verbal description I can. Any questions are welcome.

The map consist of one main continent with one smaller northern continent (to serve as sort of the frozen north like greenland, norway etc) and several large islands. One on western side of the continent roughly the size of the British Isles (what they were based off of) one in the eastern size which is my Japan stand in, and then a couple of small one's in the south.

The main contitnent itself to best describe sort of based off the shape of africa with the ocean creating a large straight that doesn't quite spilt the contitent in two but it's prominent.

The only other important feature is the fact I need a good variety of biomes to keep the setting diverse as this is a land of fairy tales myths and legends, so I plan on pulling stuff from all over the world.

As far as cities, I plan on mostly filling it in as I go (as you do in dungeon world) but the one's I have already are a large desert kingdom named Fabula, a typical fantasy kingdom in the rolling hills named Marchen and a village in Marchen named Bruhl
    -------------------------------
    On roll20 (where this game takes place) at the scale I am looking for, one square (70 px, ~ inch) is 20 miles. so 1 inch to 20 miles should be perfect

http://fairytale-studios.com/wp-cont...Maps7.1.13.jpg

I'm thinking something along these lines, style wise. With a bit more color to help everything pop out a little more. (so you can tell the forest from the desert from the mountains etc.)
    ---------------------
    I'm all for creative liberty, so if you think it might look better some other way I'm open to suggestions.

Time wise the map isn't necessary for the game to start, they probably won't even see it for another month cause the game is every other week. But I'd like it done in a timely fashion.

I can't pay for it, and this is just for private use so I'm not looking for a work of art here. Just something presentable I can show my players so they can better visualize the world I am trying to portray

It's not going to be printed, just displayed on roll20, and likely be my wallpaper

size is 1400px by 1400px

Legal stuff, this is just a private use map for myself. I don't need copyright or anything, hell if you want to sell it yourself go right ahead. I won't raise a fuss about it. So no copyright needed and you can reproduce it however many times you want .

to contact me:

c_rogers24-at-outlook.com I check my e-mail at least 3 times a day so I'll see it.
    Last edited by TheCMC; 12-17-2014 at 12:22 AM.