Thread: Project Cosmos: My science fiction universe kickstarter

Link Project Cosmos: My science fiction universe kickstarter

Hello everyone,

I'm a huge world building fan and I love science fiction. I've been working on my scifi universe for some time now and decided to start a crowdfunding campaign to get the artwork from it printed. The art in question is something that I think world builders would really love. It's a technical cross section of one of the ships a notable characters uses. It has all kinds of information people who enjoy world building love. There's also a perk for even a huge planet atlas that I think people here would love as well!

I'm a professional artist and I'm just getting the word out about my work. I'm very close to getting my campaign funded so there's a good chance you'll get this stuff.

Come over to the page and check it out!

Awesome looking stuff there.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Thanks! I'm almost to my goal too!

That stuff looks really good! And i think the KS video is very likeable

Now for the big BUT :

I think you should have started your KS campaigns with the Galaxy map, followed (or maybe even included in the first KS with the Galaxy map) by the New Haven map. Why? I first want to know where all this stuff is supposed to be set before i am interested in the detail stuff like Ships and Characters etc. etc. . A ship or character without a context (aka Setting in gamer-parlance) is not as engaging and useful.

That said, if you make a p&p rpg out of that setting with all the maps and stuff and a fitting system, i'd totally be interested.

In any case, all the best for your project and your Kickstarter(s)!
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Eilathen, I totally get what you mean. I didn't do the map yet because I'm trying to find a printer who will manufacture such a large piece of art for a decent cost. Otherwise, yes, it would have been first. I do agree with what you're saying though. I does make sense! Perhaps in the next KS I'll do the galaxy map!

Hey tovette,

I hope it didn't sound too negative (it wasn't meant to). Clearly it was just an opinion from a customer point of view. I assumed that there are reasons for your publishing order, but i felt like i had to offer the customer-view (or at least A customer-view), so to speak
    Glad you can understand and see my view.

As an aside: do you plan on doing something p&p rpg-y? I mean it is already cool if a potential Sci-Fi gamer can buy all those cool maps for inspiration, but a rpg all done would be even more neat Especially as it would contain the creator's (aka your) view and vision of the setting.
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

An RPG would be pretty awesome. And I've been adding RPG-style stats and things to the existing artwork in case that comes about. Logistically, I'm just one person and making a table top RPG would be a gargantuan effort, not to mention I'm not a game designer; just an artist and worldbuilder. I don't know too much in regards to weapons tables and balancing and all that stuff. I do have plans to make a card game- that could definitely be included in the RPG I think. I'd definitely need more people on this in order to make it happen.

That being said, I funded my Kickstarter some days ago and I added a stretch goal which is already close to being achieved. There's a free reward for everyone if we meed the goal too.

Check it out again if you're interested!