Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: September Entry: Tir na Mor Rioghna

Nemo, that last one is really nice imo
    My Map Challenge Entries

I use GIMP for all my maps.

GIMP scripts and plug-ins overview

Everything I post on this site uses the Creative Common Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike license. Only exception to this are any pyhton scripts which use the GPL.

If you are using any of my posted stuff just use your rep stick on me

Should you be interested in using anything I posted on commercial purpose drop me a pm.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I have to say, and I might be the only one, that I prefer the India ink version. It looks straight up professional and ready for print. I might lighten up the topographical stuff just a tad so that the darker cities and stuff could stand out a bit more but otherwise I would love to be able to do that. Nice look.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Thanks to you all for your kind words and encouragement. I admire the talent of you mapmasters out there, and I am pleased by your comments. To keep anyone who's curious curious here's my latest progress, after ripping out all the junk and placing in these nice new map symbols I found.

BTW aeronix the brushes I used are just presets I discovered somewhere on the site, I played with the colors a bit and that's about all.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tirnamyprogresscopy.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	292.9 KB 
ID:	6433

This is a great map! I can tell there is a lot of work going on here. I appreciate your choice of filters. Nice job!

One piece of advice if I may. The ocean doesn't feel right to me - it almost feels 'mountainous' as if it is coming out of the water. I would probably keep working on that layer and see what you can do to make it appear more like water.

Great job!

Layer the color version over the india ink version at about 50 to 75% opacity and I think you have a stunner. That being said, this is a nice stand alone as well, I just think the combination of the two would kick more butt.
    Something witty and pithy

Post Final Version

Whew! Right under the wire and with all those college-style mistakes that ad a low rent charm. Being new to the forum I hope to stay involved, so thanks to all for the interest.

### Latest WIP ###

Last edited by nemojbatkastle; 09-25-2008 at 02:38 PM. Reason: paste in a WIP tag

I LOVE the woodcutty-ness of this!
    Something witty and pithy

err, um...

What time is the deadline? Some of the typos are bugging me, and they must be fixed. Or not.

Nemo, thats one great map, I love it
    My Map Challenge Entries

I use GIMP for all my maps.

GIMP scripts and plug-ins overview

Everything I post on this site uses the Creative Common Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike license. Only exception to this are any pyhton scripts which use the GPL.

If you are using any of my posted stuff just use your rep stick on me

Should you be interested in using anything I posted on commercial purpose drop me a pm.

Here's my final final piece.

### Latest WIP ###

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12