Thread: Hello

Default Hello

Hello everyone!

I've been around here for quite a long time now, reading discussions and trying out the tutorials. I've been playing D&D for many years now, and am the type of DM who loves fleshing out the continent my players are on. CG has always been an incredible resource and community and I figured it's time to stop lurking! I am currently working on what I hope is a large and very long-term world building exercise and, naturally, that involves a map (or twelve)! I'll be posting it as a WIP over in World/Regional Mapping shortly, but thought it'd be best to actually say, "Hi," before doing so!

As for me personally, I'm a uni student in Australia. I'm also a martial arts instructor and am heavily involved in my local community. I've been playing fantasy role-playing games for well and truly over a decade (I was a bit older than others when I got involved, admittedly), and have been mapping in some form only a little under that time. Mapping, to me, is one of the best activities I've ever taken part in. Taking a blank piece of paper (or digital canvas, as the case may be) and moulding it - into a world, a city, a house - is simply awesome. I unfortunately have very limited artistic abilities myself, but I do my best, play around and learn with time (thankfully, pen tools mean I don't have to draw a straight line myself!).

Anyway, that's me. If anyone's got any questions, am more than happy to answer them (though I doubt that I'm that interesting!) Looking forward to participating in discussion and learning more from you all. Thanks for the incredible community you've all built here at CG!

Thanks,
    _D

Banned User

Hi Dorgrin, welcome to the Guild!

I'll look forward to seeing some of your work as soon as you are ready to post it