Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: September Entry: Brightshore Peninsula

Map September Entry: Brightshore Peninsula

Well, i've finally decided to participate in a challenge. The theme inspired me and i decided to try something completely new for the occasion. I don't know what it's gonna finally look like but i'm sure i'll have fun.

So this is a very preliminary map but it is advanced enough to post my entry i think.

I'll update as i go along i guess.

Hope you all like what i come up with
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Brightshore Peninsula 3.pdf  
    The truth detective
    www.patoumonde.com

I like the map so far. Looks pretty spiffy. I am waiting to see where you go with this.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Blog Entries

Thats a great map Patrakis. Hope you don't mind me posting a smaller version of it here so that we have something for the thumbnails to use. Ill add you to the burgeoning list. Were nearly at a record now. Great stuff.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Yet another different look...cool! Looking forward to seeing where this goes.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Guild Journeyer

I like that. nice colours

I don't mind at all the thumbnail, i just didn't know how to make it

Thanks for the praises.

Just this morning, before going to work, i had an idea that bothered me all night. Tried it this morning and something really nice came out of it. I can't wait to show you guyz.

Pat
    The truth detective
    www.patoumonde.com

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

oh sure.. keep us in suspense.. that's just cruel....

you can save your file as jpg or png to use as an attachment ... .what are you using to make the map? Illustrator?

Hello Delgon...

Sorry for the suspense I'm very enthousiastic about this

What i posted so far is all done in Illustrator but the final version will use Sketchup Pro also. That's what i was tested this morning. I'm trying to use the sandbox tools of sketchup to drape my map over a 3D TIN terrain to get the elevation feel. I am currently testing ways to extrapolate contour lines from a TIN terrain using sketchup. I still need to experiment a bit but i am begining to really love what google created with this sketchup program. It's really powerful.

Anyway... more later...and i hope i can deliver

Pat
    The truth detective
    www.patoumonde.com

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

I don't know what version of Ilustrator you're using but to save it so you can post it here, you can do so from the FILE>Save for web & Devices command.... then just choose PNG or JPG ... make sure you use the crop function to encompass the map, where your crop edges are, is where the boundries of the jpg/png file will be.
    Make sure its under the jpg/png file limits for the board (jpg/png 4.77mb)

I've been messing with sketch up pro a bit... it does have some interesting applications for mapping ... hope it all works out then you can show us how to do it

Very awesome approach with this map. I will be curious to see what you come up with!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast