Thread: The Island Continent of Atlernas - The beginnings of my world

Guild Novice

Default The Island Continent of Atlernas - The beginnings of my world

I have been lurking around for awhile now, I have checked and have been using a lot of the tutorials on this site (by the way, they are very useful, big thank you goes to all we took the time to make them). This is my first real try at making maps in Photoshop. My world is named "Atlernas". It isn't done by far but I thought I would put the 2 maps I have been working on up here for you to critique. They are missing rivers, towns, and all the other extra stuff that are on maps. Needless to say they are not finished yet, but a work in progress. Rivers are my main concern. I want to make sure they are as correct as I can get them. I have been putting them off. Well let me know what you think, be honest. I can take it. I can't learn if not without honesty. Thanks John

Attachment 69872
    Attachment 69873
    Last edited by Andrilellen; 12-27-2014 at 11:25 PM.

Banned User

Hi Andrilellen, welcome to the Guild!

Nice map, great job for a first post. Have some rep

Here is where to start with your rivers: http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=3822

Guild Novice

Thanks for the warm welcome and rep Chick. Also thanks for the link. I'm a little iffy on working on the rivers and any help is appreciated.