Thread: Teleportation Complex, small graveyard

Guild Adept Guild Sponsor

Default Teleportation Complex, small graveyard

Here are a few maps I've made recently for a custom side-quest in the Rise of the Runelords campaign I'm running. The group is currently in Turtleback Ferry.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Teleportation HQ.jpg 
Views:	355 
Size:	2.80 MB 
ID:	70016

This is a small headquarters for an intelligence operation that reported to Karzoug, the Runelord of Greed, back before Thassilon was destroyed by Earthfall. It was attached to a small teleportation chamber with static gates to important locations around the country, so that his spies could go quickly, and report back quickly.

Rooms:

Bottom left - interrogation chamber and cells. Currently exposed to the outside by a mudslide following torrential rains.

Going up the hall, we have the Commander's Chamber (left), and the Commander's Office (right), which connects to the Armory (bottom right). I specified that the office and armory were under preservative enchantments, while the rest of the place was not.

The central chamber was once a mess hall, where operatives could eat, or gather for larger meetings. Nothing much left but a few rickety tables and rubble from a collapsed ceiling there.

Middle left - kitchen and storeroom.

Top left - barracks.

Top right - Infirmary, with a disturbing operating table that was the best I could find.

Following the hall northwards, it leads down into a natural cave system, and terminates at:

Name:	Teleportation Chamber.jpg 
Views:	251 
Size:	3.63 MB 
ID:	70017

The teleportation complex. Each gate leads to a different place that was important in ancient Thassilon. Unfortunately I don't seem to have my notes on what goes where in Dropbox, and will have to check that once I get home. Once I do I'll post them here in case anyone cares. I'll also put up copies without the gridlines. Scale is 100px to the square (each an inch).

I'm pleased with the glowing mushrooms. Those were made by Neyjour, but I juiced 'em up a bit with a bright green layer set to color dodge blending.

The denizens consisted of a Dread Skeleton transmuter 7, 18 normal skeletons, and one shriezyx that wandered in from the gate that goes to one of the pilings of the Irespan in Magnimar.

Last but not least, here is a spooky clearing in the forest with three open (and empty) graves, made for use in a totally different campaign, but probably useful for a variety of encounters.

Name:	Greystane-Graveyard.jpg 
Views:	223 
Size:	971.4 KB 
ID:	70018

I call it Greystane Graveyard (Greystane being the town it's in). The mist came out nicely -- there are three or four layers involved.

Love the mist effect... came out very nice and creepy!

Nice work WD!!!

Blog Entries

I also think the mist effect was superb. Very nice job!
    The best maps are the ones we like the most after looking at the longest.

Guild Adept Guild Sponsor

Thanks! ^_^