Thread: Apprentice Fantasy Cartographer

Default Apprentice Fantasy Cartographer

Hi folks,

I'm an old D&D player who would like learn a little something about fantasy cartography.

FMT

Banned User

Hi FighterMageThief, you came to the right place. Welcome to the Guild!

You bet. Here's the first lesson. *sage nod* Fictional Cartography is just like real cartography, except the places you map are fictional. Think upon it. *sage beard stroke*

no, I've only been here a few days but that is the gest of things as impressed upon me by my physical geography, and map use classes professor is basically that. Anyway, welcome. Looking forward to seeing your work.
    A map must contain the following four elements: Title, Author, Scale and Orientation. It should also contain these two elements: Date and Legend. Without these, it's just a piece of paper with something on it.

I am also an Old School D&Der who is very interested in this fine art, I am so impressed with what I have seen so far! Sorry to tailgate your post FighterMageThief, but I am very similar to your status and the thread title is perfect!

Banned User

Hi Gadreun, welcome to the Guild!

Welcome to the Guild FighterMageThief and Gadreun! We've got a few old D&D hands here and now and then a representative of the OSR pops in with some great maps. Look forward to seeing you around the forums.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh