Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [PHOTOSHOP CS6] Difference clouds and Clouds are not showing up in render menu.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Clouds only work in 8 bit, not 16 bit - too much hog on memory or some such thing (I asked Adobe once long ago). One thing that a lot of people forget is that they have After Effects or Photoshop Lightroom and those do not have the clouds filter. There was something called Photoshop Essentials, I think, something like that, which had a bunch of stuff in it but not everything and the clouds was one of the missing things. Also, make sure that you're not in bitmap mode, you have to be in grayscale, rgb, cmyk, or lab.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

hey waldronate, I managed to get clouds.8bf and i put in my plugin-ins folder. IT FINALlY SHOWED UP! thanks. except, when i press difference clouds it juts fills my screen with a light blue colour instead.

I"m not sure what might be causing the light blue things. I expected that the missing items on the menu would be associated with a missing filter implementation. It's possible that you have a version mismatch between the filter and main program that might be causing the problem. The filter should have installed with the program. Maybe there's a licensing issue? I notice that you're running on a non-activated Windows copy in your screenshot and that might have something to do with it.

I tried playing around with photoshop to see if I could fix it, if I press D to reset the colours, difference clouds actually works correctly! thank you very much Waldronate, and to everyone who helped in this thread! thanks to you guys I can finally get back to map making!

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected CaptainJohnHawk's Avatar

There is always the option of a fresh install.

It says that you have solved this. I am having the same problem. Could you tell me how you solved it? Thank you.(Could you send me the link to the download file for the Cloud.8bf)
    Last edited by DuckOnQuack; 03-21-2016 at 03:52 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12