Thread: Fantasy - Pseudo French/Indian City Map: Versali-Virai

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Post Fantasy - Pseudo French/Indian City Map: Versali-Virai

Project Scope:
    This is a location map for a D&D scenario, but it is grounded in the literary setting of my book series universe, Tellest. There's some background info for the universe at Tellest(dot)com. What we're looking for is an interesting map that we can use as a resource to help develop the story for the D&D adventure we are constructing. Unfortunately, I'm rather poor at making maps, though I will attach a version of Versali-Virai that I've made for reference.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Versali-Virai.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	645.5 KB 
ID:	70198

Setting:
    Pseudo French/Indian City, Versali-Virai. Think of it as kind of an amalgamation of Renaissance to Revolutionary Paris mixed with Agrabah. Stucco homes in the poorest places of the city, while the richer folk have gaudy homes.

Design Concept:
    Standard street maps of the city. Versali-Virai is a port town, so there are bridges connecting the west side of the inlet to the east. The version that I'm supplying is very "concept". Cartographers who are interested are encouraged to give it a more robust and lively feel. This is one of the bigger cities on the continent, and my interpretation truly does it no justice.

Map Size/Quality/Style:
    We're looking for something that would provide a decent reference. I want to immerse the current party in the game as much as possible, and it would also be nice if I had a better idea of the city that's in my mind. Our concept artist came up with this as a first look at the city:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Versali-Virai Flipped.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	4.15 MB 
ID:	70199

We'd also like to try and have it interpreted in a style similar to the following:

http://www.cartographersguild.com/al...chmentid=57652

http://www.cartographersguild.com/al...chmentid=66545

Again, though, feel free to make it your own.

Technical:
    300 dpi minimum. Jpg, tiff, or png files
    Greyscale

Copyright:
    I will have the right to use the image for commercial purposes, the artist will have the right to exhibit the image as part of his portfolio but not to exploit it for commercial gain.

Deadline:
    Flexible-ish. The scenario that this is going to be necessary for is probably going to be around March.

Payment:
    $100, payable via Paypal upon delivery of the final files.

Contact
    Michael DeAngelo
    michael(at)tellest(dot)com
    Please use subject line Versali-Virai Map
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Versali-Virai.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	789.8 KB 
ID:	70197  
    Last edited by Michael DeAngelo; 01-21-2015 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Found cartographer