Thread: Space maps

Post Space maps

Whoo! It's been a long while since I last posted. What's a good software for a hex based space RPG such as Stars Without Number. I'll also take ideas on non-grid based maps.

LIke anybody it depends on what kind of software you like to use - do you prefer vector (like Illustrator or Inkscape), do you prefer an image editor (like Photoshop or GIMP). It depends upon your budget too. There really is no one best software. I use Xara Photo & Graphic Designer, a vector program like Illustrator, and though I primarily do fantasy maps, I also do sci-fi maps. I can easily place any kind of grid on top as I require, including hexes. You could look at my Google + page, 25 Quick & Dirty Map Tutorials, near the top and going back a few months of posts, I have several sci-fi location, a starmap and a few other sci-fi projects posted there, to give you an idea of what Xara can do.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations