Thread: Baronton Wharf

Map Baronton Wharf

I am creating a D&D 3.5 adventure module as part of the bonus content for my Archean League - September Challenge Entry.

However, since I am creating some additional maps and deck plans for the adventure, I thought I'd post my first map for this bonus content. Since the adventure will be included gridded maps, I thought I'd post an ungridded VT version of these maps as well.

Fisherman's Wharf, Town of Baronton, Archean League
    This map is 22" x 34", 100 ppi, JPG

Coming soon... deck plans for a Bilander small coastal ship, 40 tons cargo, 2 decks and cargo hold, 12 guns

Merling's Rest tavern map, Portage map of Innsport, Open water map, closeup of Archean Straits map.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	baronton-wharf-nogrid.jpg 
Views:	874 
Size:	1,000.0 KB 
ID:	6469  
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 09-14-2008 at 04:27 PM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Don't know if ya saw this but part of your tillers are missing on the boats on the right side...there's a clear area in the middle. Otherwise, looks good, cheers.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Post Ships Deck Plans

Ship's Deckplans for my D&D 3.5 adventure module: Devil's Daughter

Bilander (small coastal ship)
    Draft: 1.5 fathoms, Cargo: 40 tons, Crew: 8, Passengers: 7, Aft/Fore Guns: 0, Broadside guns x 6, (18# shot Culverin guns), 3 decks - main, gun, cargo. Size of craft (guessed at) 15' wide, 48' long, decks are 5' high.

I figure this is the ideal size ship for a party of adventurers - armed, fast, maneuvarable, some cargo space for treasure, can fend itself off from pirates, not so many crew members to keep happy and paid, affordable maintenance compared to larger ships. And reasonably priced at 18,200 gp. It works as a place to live, a base of operations/training, a means to travel the oceans and world, an all-around good choice for sailing vessel.

I knew I'd never be able to complete the adventure module I'm creating unless I got these deckplans completed - so here they are!

For lack of labeling:

Main Deck - main mast to front, mizzen mast to rear, captain's wheel behind mizzen mast, galley stove pipe in front of main mast. Those are two ship's boats on either side of the Main Hatch between them. A hatchway would block this during storms.

Gun Deck - Captain's Quarters in rear, quartermaster quarters and doctor/cook quarters just in front of captain's quarters, gun deck in front of that, galley just after the main mast, crew berths in front of galley, stairs up and down in center.

Cargo Hold - 7 passenger quarters in rear (ship's marines housed here), the Shot Locker and Powder Box, lie on either side of the center of ship, the main cargo hold there in front, private storage locker in bow of ship.

These are 100 ppi, Transparent PNG files, approx .5 MB in size each deck.

GP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bilander-maindeck.png 
Views:	953 
Size:	523.9 KB 
ID:	6476   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bilander-gundeck.png 
Views:	1153 
Size:	525.0 KB 
ID:	6477   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bilander-cargohold.png 
Views:	711 
Size:	517.5 KB 
ID:	6479  
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 09-15-2008 at 01:48 AM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    I am creating a D&D 3.5 adventure module as part of the bonus content for my Archean League - September Challenge Entry.

However, since I am creating some additional maps and deck plans for the adventure, I thought I'd post my first map for this bonus content. Since the adventure will be included gridded maps, I thought I'd post an ungridded VT version of these maps as well.

Fisherman's Wharf, Town of Baronton, Archean League
    This map is 22" x 34", 100 ppi, JPG

Coming soon... deck plans for a Bilander small coastal ship, 40 tons cargo, 2 decks and cargo hold, 12 guns

Merling's Rest tavern map, Portage map of Innsport, Open water map, closeup of Archean Straits map.
    What a great area for a fight GP! I am running an Iron Heroes/D&D 4e campaign and this would be a great spot. Plenty of jumping, footing, balancing and a swim check or two.

Well done.

Torq
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Very cool GP! I really like the Bilander.

I have some pretty 'hefty' ships that I included in my campaign setting, which I have sadly let go unattended for awhile. But I never could come up with decent deck-plans. But these give me some ideas, maybe I'll go back and re-attempt them.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Post Adventure module ready!

I have completed creating my D&D 3.5 adventure module using Corsair ship's rules for my Archean League - September Challenge Map.

It is my very last post in the Challenge thread...
    Ship for Sale: the Devil's Daughter

GP
    DrivethruRPG store

Post More cool ideas!

The more I develope the Archean themed campaign, the more cool ideas I am coming up with. I've always wanted to incorporate a game not centered on Japanese culture, but influenced with their presence in the gaming world.

Although I don't require historic events to trigger ideas in my world, reflecting historical events and conditions can help. I just found something that makes the idea machine starting to flow...

I was just reading on Wikipedia, about the Red Seal Ships of the Shogunate from 1604 to 1635. These were officially chartered merchant craft that had the protection of the Shogunate, should any of them be assaulted by a foreign power.

What if a pirate ship from Cleod, were to assault an oriental vessel, that was in fact under a similar charter protection from a Japan-like Shogunate government in the orient south of Archea. This could initiate a war between the Trade League and the Army/Navy of the Imperial Shogunate. Say 500 Japanese armed merchantmen and warships were to invade the Archea region with say 5,000 troops as well. Bands of samurai could be roaming the countryside.

Japanese warriors in Archea, sounds like an interesting concept!

Thoughts?

GP
    DrivethruRPG store

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Sounds like a multi-module campaign for high level chars who own ships. Cool idea.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Definitely sounds like a neat idea.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.