Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: ***2015 Annual Challenge***

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chashio View Post
    Well, I narrowed my ideas to a list of five or six possibilities but I won't have much time to consider it further until September at the soonest, so... I guess I'll be cramming. Hi Jax.
    I still have ten ideas or so for this one and not that much time to involve in it at the moment. Ah well, guess it'll be a rush

Guild Member

Just a question:
    Can one entry be made of two maps (actually two images of the same landscape)?

I am creating a 3D fractal city and thought if I could display two points of view of that city. One is a top view, like a more traditional map, and the other one would be a 2.5D view.

Regards,
    Diego

That sounds very similar to one of my own ideas for this, Diego, so I sure hope it's legal. I wouldn't expect it to be otherwise, but maybe it is. Arsheesh?
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

Guild Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chashio View Post
    That sounds very similar to one of my own ideas for this, Diego, so I sure hope it's legal. I wouldn't expect it to be otherwise, but maybe it is. Arsheesh?
    Excited to see your entry! I checked your DeviantArt Gallery and I liked your artwork!
    Yup, I hope it is ok to show different parts of the same landscape as a composition of maps.

Regards,
    Diego

Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheHoarseWhisperer View Post
    This really is a fantastic idea. I'll definitely try to be a part of it sometime.

Is there a reason you decided on a full year? I wouldn't have thought there are any maps, even among the greats, that take more than six months to create.
    funny man is funny...

I just had a question, if I scrapped a map intending to start a completely new version of it for this map challenge (which it seems like others have been doing) would I be able to recycle some names and stuff like that? I've been working on the world for some time, but only recently gotten around to making a map, and began a new one a couple months ago intending to do a huge one for this challenge. I've been working on a kind of template/wip thing, and haven't been ready to show it, but it does have some old names (as well as a plethora of new ones).

So completely new map/landmasses and stuff like that made for this challenge. But using some pre-existing names and lore (that would be incorporated into the maps design).

Yes that is totally fine I believe. It is just the ACTUAL MAP that needs to be made within the time frame of the challenge. Your ideas and names and such could have existed for years!
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

Yay! Sounds good, I'll go with that unless anyone else wants to chime in. Thanks!

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Sounds legit to me.

Blog Entries

Just thought I'd say that this is a great idea for a challenge. I also love the fact that there is no theme. If you are going to be spending up to a year working on a map it's good that it will be of your own choosing, rather than trying to fit it into a theme you might not be completely in love with. Personally speaking I would hope it would remain the same for the challenges to come.

I had to laugh at THW saying that he can't imagine a map taking more than 6 months though. Oh, my sweet summer child. I'd be tempted to take part in this myself but after missing the first seven months, 4-5 months just might be too short a timescale. Hehe.

Hi everyone btw, I hope everyone is doing ok in this here neck of the woods?
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast