Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greetings guildspeople

Guild Applicant

Post Greetings guildspeople

I have been lurking in these fora for quite some time, but as I lacked what is necessary to contribute with something to them I have never joined the group. Now I finally think that I may be able to dedicate myself to drawing maps!

I have been interested in world building for years, although I have never been able to be serious about it. Now I want to do things properly, and cartography just seems the natural step, especially in such a good community!

I have purchased a new computer (a laptop / notebook) and I am installing some free image software (GIMP, Inkscape and Wilbur just for the sake of it), but I am considering some paid software as well, mainly Leveller. Drawing in such a computer is worrying me a bit... Anyway, I would love to hear your thoughts about it, since you are experienced.

Hopefully, I will be doing some tutorials in order to build up the necessary skills, but it will certainly be a while before I have the courage to post anything, no matter how nice you all are!

As this is probably more than enough for an introduction, I will add more information as soon as I hear from you. Anyway, it is an honor for me to be amongst you, receive my greatest salutations!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

The tutorials are a huge asset in that you don't need to know anything, if you can read then you can make a good map. With practice to can begin to branch out on your own with your own style and that's where the fun really starts Welcome to the guild.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Great software choices Special Envoy and welcome to the guild. If you have any questions at all about anything to do with maps please feel free to ask.

Torq
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

Welcome to the Guild!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Guild Journeyer

Welcome! Good to have you with us. There's a wealth of information here, which will soon help you along.

Guild Applicant

First of all, I would like to thank each of you for the welcome I have received. As it should be known, it is truly an honor to be amongst such great artists and enthusiasts of cartography.

I see that my rep count is already up, which leads me to believe that either this is a way to welcome newbies or some of you wanted to rep someone else and could not do this owing to the fora rules...

I also notice that you all put a great deal of faith in the tutorials and other kind of information that I can find here, so I really hope that I am apt for the challenge of learning cartography.

Now, question-wise, as Torq so kindly offered (and by the way let me just congratulate you for the Cooperative Worldbuilding Project, I wish this enterprise the best luck), I wonder if anyone could help me installing Wilbur, for as I double click any of the installation files I get a message like "this type of processor does not offer support to this installation package". Tanks in advance.

Post Uh, post 3 more times...

Uh, you've only got two posts, on this or any thread, post 3 more times (an anti-spam thing) then you can send/receive private messages.

Send a PM to waldronate (another member here), he is "Wilbur", the primary developer for that tool, that is. Ask him, and give specifics regarding your operating system, chip set, and version of Wilbur you downloaded. I'm sure he can help you directly.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

I rep'ed ya because I like people to feel good with their rep

That and I hate the blue button and like the nice green one.

Finally, because everyone likes the rosy feeling inside for recieving rep
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast