I have been lurking in these fora for quite some time, but as I lacked what is necessary to contribute with something to them I have never joined the group. Now I finally think that I may be able to dedicate myself to drawing maps!

I have been interested in world building for years, although I have never been able to be serious about it. Now I want to do things properly, and cartography just seems the natural step, especially in such a good community!

I have purchased a new computer (a laptop / notebook) and I am installing some free image software (GIMP, Inkscape and Wilbur just for the sake of it), but I am considering some paid software as well, mainly Leveller. Drawing in such a computer is worrying me a bit... Anyway, I would love to hear your thoughts about it, since you are experienced.

Hopefully, I will be doing some tutorials in order to build up the necessary skills, but it will certainly be a while before I have the courage to post anything, no matter how nice you all are!

As this is probably more than enough for an introduction, I will add more information as soon as I hear from you. Anyway, it is an honor for me to be amongst you, receive my greatest salutations!