Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: *** January 2015 challenge: Timed Challenge***

Post *** January 2015 challenge: Timed Challenge***

Welcome everyone to possibly the shortest monthly challenge on record here. Late last year Tomalak suggested a Timed Challenge in which contestants had complete flexibility to create whatever map they desired, provided that it was begun and completed within a tightly constrained time limit. His own suggestion was 24 hours. But we are going to be a bit more generous and give you until the end of the month (a full week) to complete this project. So feel free to produce whatever sort of map that you like. It should be interesting to see what people can throw together in a week's time.

As usual, please make sure to title your threads: January 2015 Challenge: <your title here>

Also, don't forget to precede each work in progress picture with the label: ### Latest WIP ### This way the thumbnail scraper can find your entry.

This challenge will end on or around the 31st of January. The winner will receive a shiny new golden compass!

P.S. We are still working on finalizing the December challenge winner. For now, all December entries will be moved to the archives, but we will be sure to let everyone know when the winner has been selected.
    Last edited by arsheesh; 01-23-2015 at 05:00 PM.

Banned User

OH, goody! There is something I've been thinking of trying for some time now, and this will be perfect for it! At least if I flop completely, it will only be a week of people laughing at me

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Great idea ! I'm up to this one.

Good grief.

Yeah, why not. Heh.

Guild Adept Facebook Connected timallen's Avatar

I think I will give this one a try. How far I will get is a whole other issue...

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

I started a map last Friday, a bit prior to the anouncment of the challenge, but still in the one week timeframe, would that still be allowed to be posted in the challenge?

Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Schwarzkreuz View Post
    I started a map last Friday, a bit prior to the anouncment of the challenge, but still in the one week timeframe, would that still be allowed to be posted in the challenge?
    I vote yes, the more the merrier!

i agree with chick, we want to see your work in the challenge!

I am conflicted, mostly because I also started a map a few days prior to this challenge that I decided not to go with because of limits of the challenge. But, who care! Like Chick said, the more the merrier!

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
    [*]Original work - The map must be made within the time frame of the challenge. Therefor it is not allowed to use a previously made map or continue work on a map begun before the challenge commenced. This to make sure that all have the same chances in the competition.
    Here's the challenge rule related to your question. Sorry folks but regarding this, I would say no, like we already said in the past. Especially for this short deadline challenge, that wouldn't make any sense and that would be unfair for all the contestants (and the contestants that probably didn't enter the challenge yet).
    There's still 4 days to go before the challenge deadline and knowing your skills, my friend, I know that it's still time to enter it with a fresh new map !

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast