Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bogie? Is DJ fully dead now?

Question Bogie? Is DJ fully dead now?

Bogie? Is DJ fully dead now?
    "No, the fat one says he can deal with his problem, then explodes....."

Your guess is as good as mine. I have never seen "Service Unavailable" before. I fear that means the Hosting Service has closed, but I don't know.
    DJ was off line for 3 months a few years ago then Mindy appeared and rescued it. Not expecting that to happen again, but you never know.

Aww thats to bad! I really like the recourses!

We never did find out what happened to Mindy
    "No, the fat one says he can deal with his problem, then explodes....."

Is DundJinni an online mapping app or is it something that install(ed) on your computer?
    Is it available elsewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by aegean View Post
    We never did find out what happened to Mindy
    No ..... but we'd really like to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Striogi View Post
    Is DundJinni an online mapping app or is it something that install(ed) on your computer?
    You might be able to get it yet at http://www.rpgnow.com, but I wouldn't count on it. For most intents and purposes, I think one maybe (sigh) needs to write Dundjinni off as a very aged program that has died.

Well ... never say never. I guess I forgot about that.

The website http://www.dundjinni.com is up and running again!
    Last edited by - Max -; 01-25-2015 at 04:06 PM. Reason: double post merging
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project

Like Mark said DundJinni is back !

Kepli contacted someone at the Web Host and it was up and running in short order.

Quote Originally Posted by Striogi View Post
    DundJinni is mapping software that you install on your computer. It can be used for several types of maps, but it is best at 1 inch = 5 foot scale Battlemaps.

As Mark said it is getting old. It still works great on my computer ( Windows 7 ) but it was written for XP and Vista. It is very hard to install on Win 8.
    The Dundjinni Forums is an amazing resource of maps and user created art ( Textures and objects ).

Unfortunately, the owner seems to have abandoned it. We don't expect there will be any updates to the program and the website has some issues because the 2 or 3 Administrators are just volunteers and have limited access to the workings of the site. We have no control over the online store only the user forums. Tech support is just us trying to help you.

If you are interested in trying DJ, your best bet is buying it from the online store. That will get you the latest version V 1.0.7. You can also purchase artpacks, but there is so much free art it is hardly worth it.

There is a PayPal option, DO NOT TRY IT. It will malfunction and take the money but not give you the program. Use the credit card method, it has been working OK. ( I have not tried it in a few months but no one has complained recently )

DO NOT ORDER THE CD VERSION. There is no one at the store to mail it to you. Just do the download version and BE SURE YOU KEEP A WRITTEN COPY OF THE REGISTRATION KEY.

Once in a while There are copies for sale on Amazon or Ebay. It is OK to buy them, but you are getting the old version 1.0.4 What you really are buying is the Registration Key. Don't even try to install the old software. Let me know what you bought and I will have Kepli set you up with a download of the newer version. That V1.0.7 software will need your Reg Key you bought to install, and we can help you with the install ( several tips and tricks we have learned. )

Guild Adept Facebook Connected jpstod's Avatar

I am Looking for an Older Computer or Laptop just to Run Dundjinni...I am Too Stupid to be able to get it to Run on Windows 8....
    Wish Someone could buy and Update it for Windows 8...

By Far my Favorite Battlemap Maker
    The Wayward Traveler
    Guildmaster Galveston Island Adventurer's Guild
    http://jpstodwftexas.deviantart.com
    http://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/p...?term=John+Pau
    [url]http://www.patreon.com/TheWaywardTraveler[url]

The easiest way to be able to run Dundjinni under Windows 8 (or later) is to download Virtual Box from Oracle. Install Virtual Box and then go buy a cheap copy of Windows 98se or Windows XP. Install that into (or onto) Virtual Box. Then install the software on to (or in to) the Virtual Disc where the OS was installed. This is the easiest way to be able to run 98/XP as well as any software for the earlier OSs. This is how I run Raydream Studios which requires 98se and dies under XP.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast