Thread: World Map needed for a Horror Fantasy Novel

Default World Map needed for a Horror Fantasy Novel

Hello, everyone! My name is Chase and I've been writing short stories for a few years now. Well, I've been kicking around the idea for this novel for a while now. I finally decided that it's time to get this show on the road. Hopefully someone might be able to help me out. It's going to be a dark storyline where all the normal races of fantasy (including the "evil" ones like orcs and goblins) and a few others (the wolfmen for example) are on the verge of extinction. A great war is being fought between demons, undead and the rest of the world.

Setting:
    It's going to be a war torn world with 2 very different forces of evil. One force is bent on extinguishing all life and ruling a dead world while the other wants to enslave all living creatures (well at least the ones who survive the war) in a "Hell on Earth type situation." The war has been ongoing for a while as the novel starts and it is not going well for the living. The Demons have a significant hold on the Western Lands while the Undead forces have become entrenched in the Eastern Lands. The middle is where all the races of fantasy have gathered to try and halt the onslaught. There are still small areas in the Western and Eastern lands in which humans (mostly rugged barbarians) and other races still reside, but they are very few and far between. The main bastion of hope resides in the heavily fortified and newly renamed city of Free Haven. It is a very large city with all races living within its walls, and at a current population of close to 60,000 residents, it is by far the largest single free settlement still standing. Many of the former cities and settlements in the Western Lands are badly damaged and most that are intact are in the hands of the Demons. In the Eastern Lands, aside from a few hidden towns and settlements, there is only one city left standing. The rest have been totally destroyed by the Undead Army. Basically, the only thing the natural inhabitants of the world have going for them is that the Demons and Undead armies are as intent in destroying each other as the are killing or enslaving the living.

Design Concept:
    My mind is pretty open as far as what terrain is in which part of the world. The only things I do want is for a good portion of the North to be a frozen forest where the rugged human barbarians and the Wolfmen live (an actual race, not lycanthropes). Also, the city of Free Haven is in a Mountainous area making it harder to lay siege to. The world has a very dark feel to it so anything that is in that mindset is okay. Maybe some dark forests in the East where the Undead Armies are camped, but I leave the artistic version up to you. The only names I have currently for other cities are Nefelana (for the largest elven settlement), Thurdore (the largest Dwarven settlement) and Shadebristle (for the Goblins). The Demons have a main city in the Western Lands named Ablanar and I'm thinking it might be in a desert (as opposed to the obvious volcano type region). Lastly, the Undead leaders are in the remnants of a city renamed Zadicus in the Eastern Lands. There are a few other cities and towns in the middle portion of the country, but I will leave the placement up to the artist (you can mark the placement, I can come up with a name myself unless you feel inspired, lol). The few settlements that remain in the Eastern and Western Lands are isolated and/or hidden.

Number of maps:
    I would like to get two versions of the same map. One basically from an earlier stage of design where mainly the terrain and a few key cities are located, and one of the finished in depth map.

Technical:
    300 dpi minimum. Jpg or Png color

Copyright:
    Remains with cartographer.
    I just want the right to reproduce the map in the novel (and any potential sequel)

Deadline:
    Nothing is set in stone but possibly by the middle of March

Payment:
    Negotiable.

Chase Street cisdaman45@yahoo.com
    Or feel free to PM here as well

Thanks for looking and I apologize for rambling on about my world!
    Last edited by El Ravager31; 01-25-2015 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Just some formatting

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Cirias's Avatar

Hi Chase,

I sent you an email!

Thanks,
    James

Has this project been taken? If so I'll move it to the archives.