Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kronos

Default Kronos

Hello my dear friends!
    This is renew map.
    Can you help me, where will make mountains ranges?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	maptexture1.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	2.25 MB 
ID:	70373  

Banned User

I would suggest one long curving mountain range right down the middle of the continent, from the ice in the north around the curve and ending at the largest lake near the bottom.

Thank you wery much for your feedback. I agree with you. Completely forgot to add my own version.
    P.S.
    I worked with texture of land. It is not the mountains. I show where will be hills and cliffs, it will help me with rivers and mountains in the future.

Name:	maptexture2.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	3.85 MB 
ID:	70374   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	maptexture2.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	4.06 MB 
ID:	70377  
    Last edited by Harrg; 01-26-2015 at 12:16 AM.

Hi guys . I made ​​the first mountain range for a new map. You do not believe how long I tried to repeat my previous result . I`m very glad that I remembered how do it .

Name:	????? ???? ????.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	139.2 KB 
ID:	70397  

This is looking very nice so far Harg. I look forward to watching this one.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Banned User

That's a very pretty mountain range. How in fact did you make it?

Thank you guys.
    It's very simple . I mixed technique Arsheesh and Yandor. In Photoshop make cloud , then use brush it a shape similar to the shape of the mountain range . Then use Wilbur . (Just need to work with a relatively small size , otherwise not get the desired result , or I'm a noob )
    Wuilbur.
    Precipition
    8ways
    none
    blend 90%
    none

Incrise Flow

(twice)
    Precipition
    8ways
    none
    blend 90%
    none
    Then save the texture of Wilbur and height map . In Photoshop , open texture and make a mask . Mask - height map . And than edit you color.
    I am sorry for my english.

I decided to do a major mountain range . But I`m not sure that I like it . And the main reason is that it is located . I feel that it should look like this, but it does not look natural. I noted the possible location of a black lines 2 largest rivers . Red lines I showed the main ridge of the mountains for others . What do you think about it. Perhaps I should change the mountain ranges , but they should be stationed around these places.

Name:	maptexture1.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	3.07 MB 
ID:	70403  

Guild Artisan

If you want to go for realistic then it is practically impossible to get right angle ranges like the one you got going N/S in SW and the other going E/W in the middle.
    Ranges are created by plate tectonics and look like several parallel "wrinkles" running all in the same direction. Schematically like that : =-==- etc.
    There are also a few orthogonal ridges created by erosion but they are rather short compared to the overall length of the main range.

I agree with Deadshade.. The circular mountain range is't very realistic, nor the north eastern section like he mentions.

looking at your map it looks like the plate the continent is on is moving north west with a slight euler spin clockwise. So I would assume the entire north west coast to have a mountain range running down it's length being that is the point of collision. That eastern protrusion would probably have a small mountain range running south west to north east. In the north west section where you have that right angle shaped mountain range is where you would most likely have the majority of the mountain mass (that runs along the coast and doesn't curl inland) that thins out as it moves south along the coast and bulks up right around that eastern protrusion, but not a lot. try to make your mountain ranges as curved lines that are straighter than they are curved. what is the comparable size of the landmass? north america? asia?
    Last edited by ascanius; 01-29-2015 at 06:46 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast