Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question About Reputation

Help Question About Reputation

I have been browsing around this forum site much more than posting. But I am a noob here. Although I have known of this site for quite some time, I just never joined as a member. Don't ask why, 'cause even I don't know.

I was reading some of the FAQs, misc, and Member's List.

Am I correct in assuming, that if clicked, the Member's list is resorted by that column header? And if I am correct in this assumption, why am I only 14 entries down on the third page?

I thought, according to the FAQs, repping couldn't just be thrown around. Although I have to admit, there are some members here worthy of my "repping" them. I haven't done any "repping" because of that warning in the FAQs.

I was just wondering, "How could I get such a high rep rating with so few posts and 12 pages of members?"

I know the relief maps I posted in my intro here are quite old. The original files have a datestamp of 06/08/1993 and 06/22/1993. Making them 15 years old. And they were made with an ancient method I used in Paint Shop Pro version 4.

The more recent postings were made with some very expensive software suites which I can get free student versions for being in college. But I had to prove I was a student.

Please give me enlightenment as to why a rep can be that high, or ignore the flamboozled ramblings of a noob.

rmfr
    Perhaps imagination is only intelligence having fun. - Albert Einstein

A good friend will come down and bail you out of jail. A best friend will be in jail with you and say, "Dude, we screwed up."

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Actually I'd like to see rep thrown around a bit more to be honest. There's a LOT of members here that have no rep really. But the numbers are an accurate reflection of the use of the rep system. The most popular recipients of rep being tutorial authors and givers-away of free ready to use stuff of course...and the occasional really unique style poster gets hit with the rep stick...

I will say this...I repped you. And my rep-stick is worth a whopping 10 points. I'd say that was probably a nice booster for you. I've repped some people, but should probably do i tmore often to boost the use of the system.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Actually I think Arcana is a bit off. If I'm remembering this correctly, you give someone a number of points equal to your dots or rep divided by 100.

So he actually only gives out 1 point and you give out 2. I'm basing this on the fact that I just got repped by several people and only went up about 6 rep points putting me at a whopping 45. So even though I rep fairly frequently, I'm only giving folks 1 point of rep each time.

I think...
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Blog Entries

you get 1 point of rep power for every 360 days registered,
    you get 1 point of rep power for every 500 posts
    you get 1 point of rep power for every 100 points of rep

RobA your rep power is 6, and you have 158 points of rep.
    RPMiller your rep power is 7 and you have 45 points of rep. (Edit: I just repped you, and you now have 55, so my 10 points is correct)

I believe your rep power is based on rounding up to the nearest rep power.

Ok, cool. Thanks for the clarification on that. Good to know that I'm giving more rep than I thought. Do we have that info in the Rep thread or in the FAQ?
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Blog Entries

Just turned on the display for Reputation by number...this will give everyone a better idea where they stand, which also helps people calculate their rep power. You'll be able to see how repping someone affects their rep score. This might help promote the use of Rep.

As for the FAQ and Rep Thread...I think it is there, I'll have to check though.

So I have a REP power of about 4?
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Hmmm.. I guess I better get busy making stuff for people to rep me over...
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Just Repped Arcanna, and Yep, I have a REP power of 4
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast