Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Downloading Images

Question Downloading Images

Anyone else getting corrupted images when downloading from this web site?

Could be FF3 related as that is when it seemed to start. It doesn't matter whether I do a save-as, drag to explorer, or the image type (png or jpeg). The image is unusable locally

-Rob A>

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

No apparent problems here...firefox 3.0.1
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

No problems here. FireFox 3.0.1 as well.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

I dont have any probs too, using FF 3.01 as well.
    My Map Challenge Entries

I use GIMP for all my maps.

GIMP scripts and plug-ins overview

Everything I post on this site uses the Creative Common Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike license. Only exception to this are any pyhton scripts which use the GPL.

If you are using any of my posted stuff just use your rep stick on me

Should you be interested in using anything I posted on commercial purpose drop me a pm.

Sea Monkey here, and still no problem.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I don't have any problems downloading, but when I click on the thumbnails it takes an awfully long time for them to load. Not sure why, my PC is fairly new and I'm on a very fast internet connection. *shrugs* Weird.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The reason it takes longer for them to load when you click on them is because it loads the entire image before showing it in the lightbox...so instead of seeing the image fill up the lightbox as it loads, you have to wait fr the whole thing...no matter how large it is. Thats why I usually middle click images to open in new tab...I prefer the full view always.

RobA, we had a minor database "incident" (crash) last night...I doubt thats affecting images though since the images are stored on the web server not in the database server. could you possibly email me one of the "corrupted" images?
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    The reason it takes longer for them to load when you click on them is because it loads the entire image before showing it in the lightbox...so instead of seeing the image fill up the lightbox as it loads, you have to wait fr the whole thing...no matter how large it is. Thats why I usually middle click images to open in new tab...I prefer the full view always.
    Arcana - I understand what you're saying, but I see a notable difference between my PC @ work and my PC @ home. It must be my home internet connection or some difference between the installations of the browsers. *shrugs* I can live with it, just thought I'd mention it to see if anyone else was experiencing similar issues.

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

It is slower at work than at home for me as well, but that is because I'm accessing the internet at work over a T1 connection (1.544 mbps) whereas at home I'm going through a fiber connection at 20 mbps down. Also, I'm sharing the connection with all the people at work whereas at home its just 1 or 2 of us using it.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

For me it's actually the opposite, its faster @ work (but I'm on some big corporate data pipe), it used to be really fast @ home (I'm on a fiber connection too), but for the past week or too the speed has degraded badly.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast