Thread: WIP - Prime

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Help WIP - Prime

G'day All,

I've been lurking here on the boards for a while now, picking up some useful tips along the way. I've been making myself a world map for a little idea I have, and am now a bit stuck.

The world size is roughly Earth sized, same rotation period and direction. I initially sketched it out on an A4 sheet of paper and scanned it into the pc to work on it.

So far I've got my continents, my major mountain ranges, and my plate tectonics (not shown) set up. What I'm now trying to do is to work out what sort of climate each landmass should have based on the Climate Cookbook at http://www.cix.co.uk/~morven/worldkit/climate.html

I'm hoping to get some help in working out which climates I should be geting, as I'm having trouble with that linked to page (I need to mentally flip references to Summer and Winter, how do they go from the first picture to the second ??)

I've attached a scaled down version of my map (it's been reduced to 30% of it's original size in gimp). As is plainly obvious, I lack artistic talent so try not to laugh to hard at it

If you need anything else from me, please let me know, and thank you in advance for your help.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Prime_Latitude.png 
Views:	104 
Size:	100.4 KB 
ID:	6509