Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The village of Bourmout

Map The village of Bourmout

Last year I started the WIP thread for Bourmout and worked through it there. I completed it but didn't think about posting it in finished maps.
    The thread for that is here - http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...ad.php?t=27860
    Arsheesh suggested I do that so here it is. Cheers.

The Village of Bourmout

Nestled in the vale of Tohlmot on a headland between the Toltoren River and the Borenis flow, as it's called locally, sits the old town of Bourmout, home of the Aeribour Mining Company, the Courvenhost Inn and the much fabled Boar's Head Tavern. The village was founded by Vaelor Aerneis of Maldain.
    Born in the highlands of the mountainous central region of Maldain, Vaelor wandered for many years throughout the surrounding lands before settling for a time in Toulnour, on Maldain's eastern edge. But the wanderlust caught him again and lead him on many adventures before coming to the mountainous northwest region of Ivonest. There he settled and formed the town with the remaining members of the Aernesti Adventure Company LTD.

The true origin of the village's name is not known. Some claim it is named after Borimon, who was a guide for Vaelor in northen Ivonest.
    Others say it is a blend of that and the mountain north of town, the Tohlmot.
    The name is generally accepted to mean 'a meeting or dwelling place on the mound among the trees'. There is a question about the town's association to the boar as well as the feeling of the town having a moat. Most say these are merely incidental.

Added here is the main front page map along with the back page which has the information about the buildings in town.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bourmout [colored] 11a-frontsheet1g [mid].jpg 
Views:	840 
Size:	3.15 MB 
ID:	70621 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bourmout [colored] 11b-backsheet1 [mid].jpg 
Views:	528 
Size:	1.58 MB 
ID:	70620
    Last edited by J.Edward; 02-05-2015 at 08:50 PM. Reason: spelling

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

An excellent map J. ! Great linework, coloring choice and composition ! Rep worthy

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected CaptainJohnHawk's Avatar

Fantastic work. I love the perspective flip on the main front page map. Such a great way to showcase the entire feel of a settlement.

I wish I could Rep you but sadly I can't do that yet.

Fantastic work! I really love the different perspective on the colored version!

This is a phenomenal map! My hat is off to you J.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Adept Guild Sponsor

Very nice! What's the font you used for the labels at the bottom of the reverse page?

This is a fantastic map! I'd rep you if I could, but that isn't possible at the moment.

THW

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer

Thank you Max.
    Captain John - This was a bit of a milestone for me.
    No worries Domino.
    Arsheesh - Thanks for mentioning this to me.
    WDMartin - Thanks. The font is called Asha for the letters. The numbers are called 18th century.

I always liked this map.
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast