Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WIP - Floating Isles

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Dude, sweet. I gotta try this myself. Nice job.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Very impressive piece of work! I, too, would like to hear the story behind the circled areas...

Praise Great work

This a really beautiful map. I am curious if the island is floating what force keeps this group of island together. Is it like an iceberg and actually what you see is all one island connected below water level?
    The circle around the cities reminds me of how some maps mark regions for expanded view. Did you ever consider using that to provide a more detailed view of the cities on a revision of this map in the future?
    I would also love to hear more of the story behind it being a floating island. Does it come close to any other lands? Does it move in a fairly regular pattern? Can the inhabitants control its movement to any extent to say avoid other less mobile islands?
    The map is one of the best I have seen. It is beautiful and simple and has a look that fits your theme.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12