Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: Pyramid of Shadows

Just wanted to add my voice to the torrent of thanks to NeonKnight for making these wonderful maps for the community to use. My players love them, and they save me a hell of a lot of time that I'd otherwise spend hand-drawing everything! Well done, sir, and thanks again!

Unfortunately, i found the maps from H2 thunderspire Mountain at the very end of my campaign (last 4 Encounters) but i will use all your Pyramid maps for the upcoming adventure.

All i have to say is:

Neon, Thank you very much for these lovely maps
    Last edited by Nuqq; 03-15-2010 at 05:09 PM.

OK, I just have to say...Neon...you are my total hero today. I have a group of people at work that play's D&D during lunch. About 9 of us take a conference room, hook the laptop up tothe projector, and project the game progress on the screen using Fantasy Grounds. I just finished Thunderspire and was going start Pyramid of Shadows, but was bummed to find out that Wizards does not have the maps on their site like they do for other modules. (I import the maps into Fantasy Grounds for the game.) I was going to give up and do a different advnture or potentially start scanning the images, when I did a search and found these. These are amazing...and even better because they don't have the token letter icons on them. Thanks for saving our game! Pyramid starts tommorrow on schedule, thanks to all your hard work!

Thanks. Shame you missed my thunderspire maps. I did the Trollhaunt ones as well, and another chap here is doing up the maps for Demon queen's Enclave.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Guild Member

NeonKnight your maps are fantastic, and one of the main reasons I finally learned how to use CC3/DD3!

I would love to see a tutorial on how you do your walls! Your maps have the cutaway style that WotC uses on the module maps and I'm having a time duplicating it! I thought for a little bit that maybe you use 0 thickness walls with a shadow effect. Am I close? Would love to see how you do them to duplicate the style on my own maps!
    "We all take our risks, down here in the dungeon." --Bargle

Sure, I can show you. Let me finish re-installing all my CC3 stuff first (tried to install the Diorama Add-on and kinda screwed my CC3 up )

MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Guild Member

Oh that would be AWESOME! Thank you so much! I love that cut-out wall style for dungeons, I'm excited to see how you do that!

OK, I make my walls as a SOLID polygon, either using the polygon tools or by drawing lines/paths and then MULTI-POLY them together.

I then apply a BEVEL/LIGHTED BEVEL and a GLOW and that is it.

ALL done on the WALL sheet by the way.

Guild Member

That's very funny. I of course kept tinkering with it, trying to figure out how you did it, and finally I taking a wall polygon (so TRACE would work) and traced around the outside of a square room connected to a fractal cave, then hid all but the WALLS layer and drew a big parchment polygon over the whole map. Then Multipoly'd the layer and DOINK instant cutout of the floor area! Set show all, added a bevel to the walls sheet, and it worked, except I had zillions of mini-bevels in the body of the parchment wall. So I thought I was close but doing something wrong. Anyway, I just did the exact same thing again and it worked perfectly! Thanks so much!

What settings do you use (or what are the max ranges) on Lighted Bevel? Every time I tinker with the settings I crash my CC3, so I think I'm exceeding the settings badly. I'll stick with the regular bevel for now. I guess this below says it all... (I know it's horrible fills and 50 pixels per square, just wanted to drop something in to show how easily your advice made things. I did a poly, fractal poly and smooth poly, traced them on the wall layer, then made a wall poly to cover the map, multi'd them together to make a hole, then applied a bevel and glow. So easy and I love the look! Thanks!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NeonKnight Rulez.JPG 
Views:	137 
Size:	234.1 KB 
ID:	25565
    Last edited by Xorne; 06-06-2010 at 07:38 AM.

Guild Member

Okay WTF is up with the Lighted Bevel. I can put it on once. If I try to edit the settings after that I crash every single time.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast