Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Meerzicht (City Designer 3)

-----------------
    UPDATE:
    I did a new version of this map:
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...ad.php?p=44108
    -----------------

Ok, so I am leaving Concetron for now and have started work on Meerzicht (Lakesight of Lakeside in English). This is going to be a fortress town which is located northwest of Concetron and has access to the same lake. It has a small harbor.

The town has three large fortresses (two guarding the landside, one guarding the harbor) and maintains a garrison of over a 1.000 veteran soldiers. It's the headquarters of the Alliance militairy in the north. The city is quite impenetrable and has a formidable reputation.

Poor people or ramshackle houses are not wanted inside the city walls, so I am going to create several villages surrounding the city. Of course not too near the walls as the soldiers won't allow that either (although in my novel there are tent camps with thousands of refugees even in the shadows of the walls).

I have tried to place the houses inside the walls closer to each other, sharing walls. Also I am going to create some larger buildings. I am still not entirely pleased with it, but practice makes perfect.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	meerzicht_1.jpg 
Views:	265 
Size:	288.2 KB 
ID:	6584  
    Last edited by Gandwarf; 01-11-2009 at 07:28 PM.