Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: From the Sea to the Sky (Star Map)

Ah, cycles OF the sun AROUND the planet! I was thinking that something about the sun itself was cycling.

I guess I just needed a little pre-Coperican perspective.

I could have made that more clear but I wanted it to feel like something you would have to study to understand.

I like it, great concept and drawings!
    I would make the sky background more teal-ish or bluish, but it's a matter of taste, I think.

Thanks fobio! I really like the way that everything came together even thought the sky color did get a little purple-ish.

Guild Novice

Hi like it, but the wording is for me kinda hard to see, a tad darker font would make easier to read :--O

Wow, this is beautiful! I love the muted color scheme and the balanced composition. The human figures with animal attributes are really well done. All the symbols give it such a mysterious feel - do they have specific meanings, or are they just for fun?

It makes me think of something you'd find on the ceiling of an Orlesian palace (especially with the masks): http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...isapproval.jpg

The only thing I'd suggest would be to perhaps make the figures and the font in the center circles a tad darker so that they're easier to see. Maybe some blue tint (I think someone had suggested this) to contrast with the yellow?

Really cool idea for a map! Beautifully illustrated as well.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Member Facebook Connected

This is a lovely star/sea map! Can't wait to see the finished product!

GinnyStar, thanks for the comment! I really wanted everything to be subtle in color but I'm sure I will do more of these style maps so I will do something more vibrant in the future.

Rene, Thanks for all the kind words! All of the symbols do have meaning, the ones in the circle planetary map they are the symbols that represent the planets in the sky and the way the rotate. The Monthly phases are symbols of the month, and the sun cycles are the day symbols. The ones around the masks with the swords and the flowers are the zodiac symbols. I'm glad you found them cool and mysterious, which was what I was going for.

Kiba, I'm happy you found this lovely but this is my finished product of the map.

Holy cow, is that mershark with a saber? i enjoyed the background areas of this. It's an aspect I haven't delved to deeply into myself. I Should think about that.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast