Thread: Harren Islands

Map Harren Islands

Harren Islands

I created this map about 2 seconds after seeing Ystraad. I had that map open for reference during the entire process. Many thanks to that illustrator. I intend to use this map as one of many in an RPG campaign and plan on using the border and key in future maps to keep them related. Also there are a few things I am missing from this map that I plan to research and fix. 1. I dont have a solid method to recreate the landmass to look the same everytime. I will be working on formalizing a process for that. 2. I havent figured out how to type along a curved line but I'm sure photoshop can do it. This will help with rivers. 3. I made this map at 11x17 because of print costs but I see that was a huge mistake as now I wish to blow it up and add detail.

Here's a link to the post with the Map for Ystraad.
    Last edited by robb75067; 09-28-2008 at 11:03 AM.

Very nice map. It has a realistic feel to it. I especially like the inset with the text. Repped!

Thanks very much for the reply. If there are any questions I'd be happy to share.

Post Excellent Map!

Excellent map and welcome to the boards! I too, give you some "Rep", nice job.

Since you seem to be using Photoshop, save this version, paint out the interior detail and save as a different name that you can use in other steps or versions of your map.

As far as printing costs go - I print maps at reasonable rates and can ship worldwide. Send me a PM if you're interested. I can print up to 44" inches wide by up to 50 feet long, at $2.99 per square foot, with optional lamination.

And as Del discovered, my Ecommerce site is currently down.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Guild Journeyer

I normally don't go for this style of map, but it looks very nice

Love the borders and those little rider figures! Only weak spot I can see is that you use the same font for the names of towns and geographical features. Not a problem with the bigger features, but the little islands have their names at the same size as the towns.

Great stylish map robb (oh man not another one). Lovely stlye. Have some rep.

Torq (Rob)
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    Excellent map and welcome to the boards! I too, give you some "Rep", nice job.

Since you seem to be using Photoshop, save this version, paint out the interior detail and save as a different name that you can use in other steps or versions of your map.

As far as printing costs go - I print maps at reasonable rates and can ship worldwide. Send me a PM if you're interested. I can print up to 44" inches wide by up to 50 feet long, at $2.99 per square foot, with optional lamination.

And as Del discovered, my Ecommerce site is currently down.

GP
    PM sent, glad you mentioned the printing and thx for the tip.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostman View Post
    Love the borders and those little rider figures! Only weak spot I can see is that you use the same font for the names of towns and geographical features. Not a problem with the bigger features, but the little islands have their names at the same size as the towns.
    I'll be sure to change that on futue maps, thanks for the input.
    Last edited by robb75067; 09-28-2008 at 02:53 PM.

Simple and attractive, typical fantasy served old style. It's always nice to see artist keeping the classics alive. I'm already a fan. Keep em coming.

Thanks

Pat
    The truth detective
    www.patoumonde.com

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I love this style, it reminds me of all of those old Civil War style handbills and posters and maps that pretty much stayed popular until art nouveau came along. Nice job.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps