Thread: Greetings!

Post Greetings!

I stumbled on this great forum through a link from RP Tools. I'm a long-time role-player and returned to the art a couple years ago when I brought one of my old campaigns out of traditional paper form and forward into the digital realm. Making maps and props has of course become a necessity and has eventually led me here. Great to find such a community.

I played D&D for many years, and most of my campaigns have been high fantasy, but right now I'm running a science fiction campaign using Mekton. Some of you may recognize my avatar as a mobile suit from Zeta Gundam. That's the world I'm set in. For the most part though, despite being in a science fiction setting, most maps I find I need are general purpose terrain. Others fall in the category of modern city scapes or have some inclusion of a few modern elements. Very few things would actually fall into your "Sci-Fi" section of the site here, but maybe I can offer some content over there as well in the future.

I'm using primarily Photoshop, though I use Fireworks often in the creation of various objects for map use, as well as tokens. I'm a graphic designer by trade, so I know the software fairly well, but I lack experience applying it specifically to map making. Hoping to learn along the way and perhaps put some of my own things out there at some point.

The work I have seen displayed here is very impressive. Its fun to be part of a community that inspires such dedication. Maybe I'll drop in on a monthly contest. I joined too late to enter the style one which might have been an ideal starting point, but we'll see if I can get in on the next one.

See you in various threads!

Welcome to the Guild. We have much here for others.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Thanks everyone!