Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Legends

Banned User

This is a really nice map!

I'm not too crazy about the mountains either, but I thought I'd see if I could figure out how to explain why before I posted....

To me, they look too much like bumps on top of bumps. Even as rounded mountains, they don't seem to have much of a mountain range structure, just a series of bumps that pretty much all look alike, some bigger some smaller, but otherwise the same. I know you hand drew them, but they appear almost like you had one example that you copied over and over with tiny variations. (I can say this because that's what I did once with hills and got the critique I deserved for it )

That said, I love the rest of your map! The water lines are great, the trees mesh into the mountains beautifully, the rivers run right, and the illustrations and words that tell the stories of the map are absolutely awesome!

Very well done!!
    Cornelia

Thanks, everyone, for the compliments!

I can see what you mean about bumps on bumps. I suppose the larger mountains, toward the east, show that sort of structure a little more than the others. Something I will have to try in the future is drawing a ridgeline from the mountain peak toward the viewer.

Very nice, I wonder if you can do this folded technique in Photoshop?

I imagine so. I don't know how, though.

lonewriter
    Very nice, I wonder if you can do this folded technique in Photoshop?
    Use a soft brush and put a bevel emboss effect . You'll have to tinker the setting to get it right as it will need to be adjusted to size and resolution.

jshoer Really nice style. simplistic , uncluttered and practical. (it gives useful information regarding the history)
    Last edited by lostatsea; 03-01-2015 at 08:08 AM.
    "Aye The skies be clear , the seas be calm and the winds be with us .....

ARGH!! but the damn compass be broken!! "

Capt. Noah Swalter Last voyage of the " Silver Crest"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12