Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: February 2015 Challenge: Haerlech

Map February 2015 Challenge: Haerlech

This is so like me. I have already drawn 4 other things that I was going to use but realized they would take far too long.
    So with a mere 3-4 days left, I start a whole new one. Doh! Well, I really wanted to get in on this challenge as I like evolving maps.
    I drew up a city in earlier to mid stage, that would grow out well beyond its walls. I can reasonably finish the early city, but I am not as sure about doing the full later city. For obvious reasons it will not be as detailed as the early city [due to being larger and all].
    Any ways, here is Haerlech now. This is just the drawn unshaded version. Still much to do.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Haerlech 00a [L] by sirinkman.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	71158

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Looks like you're off to a good start !

Nice! Looks like a crowded city.

Thanks Max. It's going to be time consuming.
    It is, Ilanthar. And it only gets worse as it gets bigger.

So I had to finish up some client work most of today. Didn't have as much time as I'd hoped to work on this.
    So i started redrawing everything in PS and began doing the shadows. Just roofs, streets and ground will have to wait till later.
    ### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Haerlech 01b [L] by sirinkman.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	1.00 MB 
ID:	71185

Another update. Added some color and started more shadows.
    There wasn't originally going to be any color really. It was supposed to be a monochrome piece laid onto some parchment background.
    Well, things always change. I am going with a pale, almost pastel color palette at the moment. That may change. Not sure.
    I do like doing softer more subdued pieces, they just don't usually go over as well. Anyways, here it is so far.
    ### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Haerlech 01c1 [L] by sirinkman.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	71203

Oh this is coming along nicely - I like the tightly packed streets.
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

Thanks Larb. It isn't as crowded as I was originally going for.
    After this map I'm going to try some new approaches to how I start drawing cities.
    Any who... I got a bit more shadow work done. I feel like it's unlikely that I will get this done in time but I'll still keep trying.
    ### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Haerlech 01c2 [L] by sirinkman.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	71206

Still a long ways off from done but I've made a lot of progress. This shows how I had intended to have the layout. It would obviously be worked to fit together better.
    As it is I have been painting both as separate pieces and only brought them together to show the direction of progress.
    I'm liking the hilly stuff in the top one. I'll be doing that on the lower one as well.
    ### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Haerlech 03a merge [L] by sirinkman.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	1.63 MB 
ID:	71263

Very nice Sir. Even if you don't finish this in time I hope you do plan to finish it later, it's a good map.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Very nice coloring!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast