Thread: Mayan Complex in 3D

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip Mayan Complex in 3D

Thought I would experiment on creating a mayan complex in 3D, in a 3/4 view rather than top-down. The beauty of 3D is difficult to see in a top-down, though the angle is still pretty steep, rather than true 3/4 view.

Anyway, the first element of my mayan experiment - a ziggurat. I want to create several ziggurats and other temple structures, a ball court, some surrounding walls, appropriate to a mayan complex, as well as some homes.

I've been to Cancun seen some smaller mayan ruins there, as well as Chichinitza and another ziggurat south of Cancun, about 5 years ago. As well as seen ruins of a mayan home - foundation only, but understand above the stone foundation was basically a wooden hut with thatched roof. I'll also be creating some palms and other plant life, and perhaps even a "cenote" or waterfilled sinkhole, as mayan rivers are subterrainean only with sinkholes exposing access for drinking water and sacrefices.

At this point, I'm not sure whether just to create a 3/4 view map or map objects in 3/4 view, so you can "assemble" a Mayan complex yourself in your preferred program with pieces...

Thoughts?

GP

Mayan Ziggurat: 540 kb 100 ppi PNG

PS: I now think I should have posted this thread in the city/town WIP forum, rather than the building/structure WIP, CL's please move this...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mayan-ziggurat.png 
Views:	1073 
Size:	540.9 KB 
ID:	6602  
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 09-22-2008 at 02:07 AM. Reason: I ought to move this thread to City/Town WIP forum
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations